Can We play Wii games on just the tablet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can We play Wii games on just the tablet?

User Info: D3V1NdaDOOD

D3V1NdaDOOD
5 years ago#1
I'm just curious if Wii games such as SSBB can be played on just the gamepad?

There has been no statement or video to confirm this question.

User Info: GogglesFrog

GogglesFrog
5 years ago#2
Bump
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
5 years ago#3
This has been confirmed for NSMBU, strongly hinted at for Darksiders 2 and is generally supposed to be a feature used in many games.

I think you can fully expect SSB Wii U and pretty much all multiplatform games to support this.

I think the only games that will not support this are the ones which are build around using the GamePad's screen and the TV at once (like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario).
No More Heroes

User Info: Ketorulz

Ketorulz
5 years ago#4
It is VERY possible, but not confirmed. The controller screen can do it very easily though.

User Info: KirbyIsAwesome

KirbyIsAwesome
5 years ago#5
PedroMontana posted...
This has been confirmed for NSMBU, strongly hinted at for Darksiders 2 and is generally supposed to be a feature used in many games.

I think you can fully expect SSB Wii U and pretty much all multiplatform games to support this.

I think the only games that will not support this are the ones which are build around using the GamePad's screen and the TV at once (like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario).

He said Wii games.
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President

User Info: GogglesFrog

GogglesFrog
5 years ago#6
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
PedroMontana posted...

He said Wii games.

He did. And this is the answer I'm looking for as well
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
5 years ago#7
Ah, i somehow saw a U when there was none.

Well, then i think the answer is likely no.

But i think that it will likely be possible to play Wii U VC on the Pad, and that means you'll be able to play SSBM without a TV as soon as it arrives.
No More Heroes

User Info: MotiJr

MotiJr
5 years ago#8
Well considering that the black strip along the top of the gamepad is meant to be a sensor bar, I think it's highly likely, but as previously stated, unconfirmed

User Info: Sky_Rayquaza

Sky_Rayquaza
5 years ago#9
I want to play Wii Sports Resort with just the gamepad.
Great, just great. Now I look like the huge, mighty King of GUYS WHO TALK TO POSTERS! - Bowser, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

User Info: D3V1NdaDOOD

D3V1NdaDOOD
5 years ago#10
Sky_Rayquaza posted...
I want to play Wii Sports Resort with just the gamepad.

Not sure how that would work?

Why don't someone get a copy of Smash Bros. Brawl, put it in the Wii U, and see if pops up on the controller. Video it with a camcorder.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can We play Wii games on just the tablet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived