WII-U will probably be first Nintendo Console I Pass up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. WII-U will probably be first Nintendo Console I Pass up

User Info: NCPwn

NCPwn
5 years ago#11
Starwars4J posted...
You do understand that the gamepad is literally the pro controller with a screen in the middle, right?

Perhaps its the bad taste the wii left in my mouth, and the fact those controllers are gonna be constly. I tend to get 4 controllers, because My friends have a blast playing Multiplayer Wii games. Well some of them.

I'll probably just be sticking to my PS3 this gen, and PC games. I dunno.
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Tales Symphonia, FF 7, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot, MAG, Tachyon

User Info: darkqueenhelba

darkqueenhelba
5 years ago#12
I make my friends buy their own controllers. Am I mean? Kee, kee, kee! ~,~

IC: *look left/right* YUP!!!!!! *HIGH FIVE*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16J1KUYFyY
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793

User Info: Sami1000

Sami1000
5 years ago#13
I have no friends so i'm fine with one...wait...*sad face*

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
5 years ago#14
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...
You do understand that the gamepad is literally the pro controller with a screen in the middle, right?

Perhaps its the bad taste the wii left in my mouth, and the fact those controllers are gonna be constly. I tend to get 4 controllers, because My friends have a blast playing Multiplayer Wii games. Well some of them.

Then get 3 Pro controllers. Boom. Way better than the Wii.
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man

User Info: VampiricDragon_

VampiricDragon_
5 years ago#15
the wii u gamepad is really good according to playtestings Id give it a chance

User Info: KirbyIsAwesome

KirbyIsAwesome
5 years ago#16
You can use both the Pro Controller and the GamePad. Wiimotes are also compatible for some games (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, etc.).
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President

NCPwn
5 years ago#17
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
You can use both the Pro Controller and the GamePad. Wiimotes are also compatible for some games (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, etc.).

I always fear this though. For example, I had the Pro for WII, but most of the games still used the wiimote + nunchuck
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Tales Symphonia, FF 7, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot, MAG, Tachyon

User Info: psychoboo13

psychoboo13
5 years ago#18
NCPwn posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...

I always fear this though. For example, I had the Pro for WII, but most of the games still used the wiimote + nunchuck

Well, it's kind of reversed now. The standard then (wiimote & chuck) is now secondary to the gamepad/pro controller. So more games will be made with the gamepad in mind then given a second option with the wiimote and nunchuck.
When did fallacies become the norm in this world? -CPUX
When they didn't put an I.Q. Test on the Windows startup screen. -ZimbabweBob

User Info: Melkaticox

Melkaticox
5 years ago#19
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...

You can't connect 4 GamePads to the Wii U, you dummy...

You NEED to use a gamepad, and 4 pro controllers/wiimotes plus...

NCPwn
5 years ago#20
Melkaticox posted...
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...

You can't connect 4 GamePads to the Wii U, you dummy...

You NEED to use a gamepad, and 4 pro controllers/wiimotes plus...

Cool
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. WII-U will probably be first Nintendo Console I Pass up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived