32GB vs 8GB, Which should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 32GB vs 8GB, Which should I buy?

User Info: p4triot7

p4triot7
5 years ago#1
I figure that if I buy the WiiU it will be nice not to be storage strapped like on the original Wii. But if I can use a external HDD like Nintendo has been hinting at, it might be worth saving $50 if I can use my own HDD. But that compatibility isn't final is it? What versions are you guys getting?

User Info: sting__art

sting__art
5 years ago#2
I wanted to get Nintendo Land, i wanted a black wii. Choice was easy from there on out.
StingArt

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
5 years ago#3
sting__art posted...
I wanted to get Nintendo Land, i wanted a black wii. Choice was easy from there on out.
Games Most Excited For...
Darksiders II, Scribblenauts, Pikmin 3, Ninja Gaiden, SSB4, Nintendo Land, Project P-100, NSMBU, AC3 - Wii U and Pokemon Black 2 - DS

User Info: Moegitto

Moegitto
5 years ago#4
sting__art posted...

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
5 years ago#5
The premium account points deal was worth it for me... Plus I wanted a sexy black console
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingo84/8019591094/in/photostream/lightbox/

User Info: Moegitto

Moegitto
5 years ago#6
On a serious note, you might as well pay the extra $50 for the deluxe. It's probably the best bargain for systems there ever was. For that small extra $50 you get a game, 4 times the memory, a charging dock for the tablet, and a two year membership to their premium service. While yes you can expand your memory with a HDD up to 3TB, it is DRASTICALLY faster for the system to access information on the SSD. The way I see it, the external HDD will probably serve more like a holding area for your stuff. Kinda like if your 8/32GB system starts to get full you can move things around easily to the external for storage. I'm getting the deluxe mostly because I like the special versions of things.

User Info: Kiro_nami

Kiro_nami
5 years ago#7
Depends. How much do you care for Nintendo Land?
"If you wanna' be a genius just say everything stinks, then you can never be wrong!" - Wilbur H. Cobb

User Info: ChipChipperson

ChipChipperson
5 years ago#8
Kiro_nami posted...
Depends. How much do you care for Nintendo Land?

That and color preference are all it really boils down to. Unless you don't plan on downloading a ton of stuff, or already have your own storage to add to it, the 8 gig will be just fine for many people.
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic

User Info: Reedeemer

Reedeemer
5 years ago#9
Nintendo land is gonna be the party game for the family, and I buy tons of digital content so that 10% points back is awesome. Well thats why I got a Deluxe, anyways...

At this point if your lucky enough to find a deluxe, just get it. Good luck with that though :c maybe stores will get more supply in the next month
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
5 years ago#10
sting__art posted...
Games Most Excited For...
Darksiders II, Scribblenauts, Pikmin 3, Ninja Gaiden, SSB4, Nintendo Land, Project P-100, NSMBU, AC3 - Wii U and Pokemon Black 2 - DS
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 32GB vs 8GB, Which should I buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived