Anyone going Wii-U only next gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone going Wii-U only next gen?

User Info: GiSS88

GiSS88
4 years ago#101
At this point, Sony is a practically a definite (depending on the specs/etc), Wii U I'll likely get--eventually. I'm in no rush yet. And Microsoft...no. I wouldn't even have a 360 if I hadn't gotten it for free (and I never play it anyway) >.>
MH3 ID:JVQGY5 *PSN: NoJ87*
360 Gamertag: NoJ1987 *Others in Quote*

User Info: freutty2

freutty2
4 years ago#102
LOL! I already preordered the premium bundle the day the price was annouced.
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979

User Info: MalkyeaImbak

MalkyeaImbak
4 years ago#103
Nope, I plan on getting 2 systems at least

the xbox360 is a excellent system with fantastic games so I'm kinda anxious to see what nextbox has in store (only way i won't get it is if its no hard disc everything is streamed which I doubt)

I found the Wii to be the worse system of the 3 (only had a few good games imo all which were nintendo exclusive (Smash bros, mario galaxy 1, both zelda games, DK country, fire emblem, TvC and sonic games)) besides those games I didn't find the wii good.

I'm awaiting WiiU to release a new smash or zelda game before I consider buying it. The launch games seem meh at the moment.

PS4 idk if I get nextbox i won't get ps4 and vice versa. PS4 def depends on price also if its super expensive at launch I definitely can do without

User Info: Ragnawind

Ragnawind
4 years ago#104
I'm not going to only get the Wii-u for next-gen. Currently, the only next-gen systems I have are the 4DS and PS Vita. What determines if I get a console is the games, not the hardware. If enough games I want to play are on a system, I will get it. I currently don't plan to get a Wii-u yet, either, unlesss more games I want to play come out on it, that are exclusives.

User Info: Frost_LASER

Frost_LASER
4 years ago#105
I've been a long time Nintendo fan starting with my own original Gameboy, then later going back to my dads NES; but after the Wii there is no way I'm only going to have a wii u. I think Nintendo may have jumped the gun a little too early on this one and after getting a 360 and being amazed by the online experience I don't think I can go back to waiting a hour for a laggy brawl match on Nintendo wifi.

I will however always buy a Nintendo handheld.

User Info: muffinmasher

muffinmasher
4 years ago#106
My decision to go Wii-U only or not hinges on how well they handle Nintendo Network and multiplatform games.
Either way, i'm going to enjoy the hell out of the system.
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.

User Info: Outlaw_Marshall

Outlaw_Marshall
4 years ago#107
I will buy a Wii U for Nintendo games. Other than that I play PC games almost 100%. I wont be buying a Sony or MS console.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 years ago#108
Hugely unlikely.
PLAYING - Journey (PS3), Football Manager 13 (PC), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns

User Info: chubbyfresh

chubbyfresh
4 years ago#109
I loved the original Wii, but this console is already a few steps behind it's competition. I mean this is just being launched now and PS4 and Xbox 720 are closing in. This better make Nintendo rethink their strategy..

User Info: AgitoXIII

AgitoXIII
4 years ago#110
Anybody only getting a Wii-U is obviously not very serious about long term gaming. There just casual/Nintendo fanboys.

No I'm serious.
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone going Wii-U only next gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived