Wii U Automatic Shutoff Feature

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U Automatic Shutoff Feature

User Info: flipzas

flipzas
4 years ago#41
I turn my game consoles off all the time but this could be helpful doing late late night play, when I get drowsy

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#42
Its a good feature, especially when you have bills to pay and worried about the electric, i have a habit of leaving m ps3 for a couple of hours at a time i could put the timer to like 2 hours or so and let it turn off by itself.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
4 years ago#43
MonadAlvis posted...
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Leaving a game on pause for longer than five to ten minutes seems pretty silly anyway. If you're gonna be away that long, save it and turn the console off.

While yes, I agree, I once woke up an hour and a half before I had to for school, wasn't able to sleep so I got dressed up and all that and then decided to play Tales of Symphonia. Well, when I had to leave for school I was in the middle of a boss battle that had taken me about 10-15 minutes at that time (I was under leveled) and it had been over an hour since the last save point. So I paused it, went to school for 9 hours and then came home and finished the boss and then saved asap and shut it off.

So in most cases, yes I would save and quit, but sometimes you just can't.

I think he was just implying most games don't use save points anymore. They shouldn't, but plenty of games still do.

No, I was mostly implying that you probably shouldn't be playing a video game (or leaving the console on for that matter) if you have to do something that takes an extended period of time.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U Automatic Shutoff Feature

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived