Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 years ago#191
Who still doesn't have an HDTV? Without even trying I seem to have 4, 2 if you don't count monitors with HDMI inputs.

User Info: KoffSyrup

KoffSyrup
4 years ago#192
Model_SX29 posted...
May I just ask one teeny, tiny little question?

WHY THE **** DO YOU GIVE A RAT'S *** ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF T.V. I USE?!?!?!

If someone presents some delusional beliefs and tries presenting it as fact I'm going to take issue to it.
Everybody was willing to forget about it but not me. I did some snooping around, found some chow hound had made a wax impression of the ice box key.

User Info: Model_SX29

Model_SX29
4 years ago#193
KoffSyrup posted...
Model_SX29 posted...

If someone presents some delusional beliefs and tries presenting it as fact I'm going to take issue to it.

That doesn't answer my question.
I've stopped caring about a lot of things. But not Sonic. Never Sonic. :P
PSN: Fox-WYVERN

User Info: Virtue777

Virtue777
4 years ago#194
TheOneWhoPwnz posted...
Anyone is crazy or poor if they do not have a HDTV by now LOL

This. I got my first HDTV about 7 years ago for around $300, 36" IIRC. You could probably get that same TV for less than $50 now.

User Info: hello_lads

hello_lads
4 years ago#195
Hes referring to the fact that it comes with an hdmi cable. You can't hook up a wii u to a sdtv. You people are too quick to get defensive.
PSN: Squire96

User Info: KoffSyrup

KoffSyrup
4 years ago#196
Model_SX29 posted...
KoffSyrup posted...
Model_SX29 posted...

That doesn't answer my question.

I don't care what kind of TV someone uses, or if they even own a TV. What bothers me is people saying things that are factually false.
Everybody was willing to forget about it but not me. I did some snooping around, found some chow hound had made a wax impression of the ice box key.

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
4 years ago#197
Don't worry, TC. I'm getting an HDTV with component cables so that I can play Xenoblade and The Last Story. I won't be getting a Wii U until after Christmas.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: Virtue777

Virtue777
4 years ago#198
I mean, graphics aren't that important to me. But I'll be honest. I've played Xbox 360 and PS3 games on SDTVs a couple times (took a while for some of my friends to catch on to the HDTV craze). They look really, really, really bad in 480i/480p. Like, there's no point in any of the detail the game artists made if you're playing in 480i/480p. You legitimately cannot see it unless you're playing in at least 720p. I watched one of my friends play Skyrim on an old junky SDTV, and it honestly looked like your average Gamecube game to me. No joke. I was floored by the difference TV resolution makes.

User Info: DrSnakes

DrSnakes
4 years ago#199
Nintendo fanboys are poor or just love ancient hardware. I mean, it's already 2012! You can get a $100 23 in 1080p monitor lol. Stop living in your basement

User Info: kinglink13

kinglink13
4 years ago#200
Why did people buy a Xbox 360 in 2005 when HDTV's were very not common?
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived