***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. ***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

User Info: Maggot

Maggot
4 years ago#121
Thanks for the help, but I connected this way and everything works except for posting in game pics to miiverse. I always get an error code saying I'm not connected to the Internet, but everything else works. Anyone have this problem or a solution?
I Know a lot, but I don't know much.
Dry Bowser??? What is he, alcohol free.

User Info: IcyGuy05

IcyGuy05
4 years ago#122
Tag

User Info: orangeumbreon23

orangeumbreon23
4 years ago#123
This works for me but only maybe 1 in every 3 times i try so if i want to get a clean signal(for system updates or downloads) i go downstairs where i can be closer to the router. I want to set up another router on my floor then bridge the two routers but don't know if that's the best to go.
XBL GT: JoeCool8524 P: 2493 3392 2616, JC6; D: 4468 0437 0563, Rex; Pt: 3695 5906 1566, Joe

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#124
This FAQS is only useful for wireless connections.

What about if you are using a Lan connection?
Old School Games FTW!

User Info: Poweranimals

Poweranimals
4 years ago#125
I tried this, but the ipconfig thing doesn't seem to bring up the correct information. This doesn't seem right to me.

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . . . Fe80::a532:8d45:731d:79e4%10
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . 10.0.0.1

User Info: GamersTavern

GamersTavern
4 years ago#126
knightimex posted...
This FAQS is only useful for wireless connections.

What about if you are using a Lan connection?

I don't think you have to do anything special if you opt to go wired. Just connect the Wii U to your router via Ethernet cables and you should be good to go. Maybe you'll have to go into the Wii U settings to specify that you're using a wired connection, but that's about it, as far as I know.

Once thing to note is that you'll need the USB Wii LAN Adapter, because the Wii U doesn't have any Ethernet ports on it. I ordered it from Nintendo's website many years ago, but I'm not sure if they still offer it.
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow

User Info: CyanicKnight

CyanicKnight
4 years ago#127
Ohhhh I got on finally.. THANK YOU TC SO MUCH. ;_;

no really, I haven't been on wii u since I got it. :< thanks!
http://i.imgur.com/eKBhLE2.gif
Justice is so boring.

User Info: levelmaster2

levelmaster2
4 years ago#128
Me, all I had to do was wait a week and it worked like a charm.
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"

User Info: Halladay32

Halladay32
4 years ago#129
Okay, I followed the original post, but I'm still getting constant error messages and disconnections. The connection test always works perfectly and right away, but I haven't been able to connect to Miiverse or the eShop basically all day. I've had my Wii U for a few days, and didn't really encounter many issues until today too. This is incredibly frustrating. I don't have a problem with signal strength with any of my other devices, so I don't understand. Heck, even the update that was available today downloaded with little to no issue.
"If you make fiction just as valuable as reality, then any reality you don't need can be a delusion."

User Info: ReZips

ReZips
4 years ago#130
Very helpful
"95% of all quotes are attributed to the wrong person ~ Abraham Lincoln
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. ***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived