***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. ***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

User Info: Pinefruit

Pinefruit
3 years ago#171
So I tried setting this stupid thing up for an hour, all of google was just a copypasta of what OP had. Wasn't working for me.

Enabled DMZ for it and now I can "connect" but can't do anything online. Tried updating but all I managed to get was one megabytes worth of data. So frustrating, everything else I own works just fine, why just this?
us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mysticfruit-1746/hero/43702947

User Info: mooocooow02

mooocooow02
3 years ago#172
When I go to my ipconfig, in Windows 8.1 and type in windows + R to get to the prompt, I am not given an ip address that I can input but an ipv 4 address...should I use that one?
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U

User Info: bvzxa2

bvzxa2
3 years ago#173
I used my guest network using an ACL and it gave me great speeds. I was going crazy because the update was taking way too long when I first got my Wii U
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/

User Info: Weakupedia

Weakupedia
3 years ago#174
So I just moved into my school's grad housing. There's wifi here, and also an ethernet port, but I can't connect my Wii U to the internet either way. I'm assuming it's because the system doesn't play nice with DHCP, but there's really nothing I can do. I can get the internet connection test to 'connect' to the internet, but when i try to download the system update, the system freezes and the sound stops. Before the update hit, I could never connect to the internet at all, so it's not my system being defective.

I also tried a wired connection, but it's the same exact thing--except I can't even get the system update to start.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing online? Why does Nintendo hate the modern world?
http://backloggery.com/cwistofu
We are not who we are.

User Info: pinhead2775

pinhead2775
3 years ago#175
I think Nintendo stopped Wii U's online ages ago about three in a half months ago.
But yeah I still say PS3 is one of the most fun systems out there. And updates for your Wii U needs a quite okay connection I suppose.

User Info: Kjay14

Kjay14
3 years ago#176
I've tried all that was listed in this topic, but i still cannot connect. Help?
If Link's original tunic color was blue, he'd have a special green tunic...
That allowed him to breathe trees.
- TMK
(message deleted)

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 years ago#178
Godotto posted...
After following the steps on the first page several times, it still refuses to work for me. Which I find odd since I have no problems connecting to wifi with the 3DS. Is there a port somewhere on the WiiU to plug in that yellow cable thing you use to connect online with the 360 and PS3? Wouldn't a wired connection just automatically work without a fuss? Where can I plug that yellow cable thing in at?

Get a Lan Adapter for the Wii, it works on the Wii U
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....

User Info: yummychop

yummychop
2 years ago#179
hopefully this helps someone:

under wireless settings have the channel id set to 'auto'.

User Info: GeminiDeus

GeminiDeus
2 years ago#180
Does the information in the original post still hold true after 2 years? I've been having connection issues ever since yesterday and can't play Smash Bros online.
Without truth, there is nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. ***Please read if you cannot connect to WiFi***

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived