Do you still feel this is a console that will last until the next gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you still feel this is a console that will last until the next gen?

User Info: Fox133

Fox133
5 years ago#1
For those that have the console and have been playing for awhile, do you still feel that this console is gonna last for a while? I'm still up in the air about getting a Wii U. It seems like the Wii and Gamecube lost it's glare after a few years. Do you think the Wii U is a next gen console that is here to stay and will get the same 3rd party support as the next xbox and playstation?

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
5 years ago#2
Yea, it's nintendo.

User Info: STN79

STN79
5 years ago#3
It's Nintendo in freakin HD! What more do we need at this point? Super Dooper Hyper ultra HD? Damn people are graphics whores.

Fox133
5 years ago#4
I don't mean the hardware lasting, I mean will it still get the same 3rd party support as the other next gen consoles in 5-6 years? Or will it fade out early like the gamecube and wii did because the hardware and features could not keep up?

User Info: STN79

STN79
5 years ago#5
I'd be willing to bet the Wii U will last longer than all the previous systems. Just look at Wii. it was outdated right from the start and lasted almost 6 years. As long as support is consistant Wii U will be fine.

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
5 years ago#6
Yep.

Fox133
5 years ago#7
That's a good point. That's all I'm worried about. I want to be able to play the newest CoD, Fifa, Madden, or whatever new 3rd party games come out in 5 or 6 years. But I want the same version that is on the next xbox and next playstation.

User Info: SSJ4CHRIS

SSJ4CHRIS
5 years ago#8
If the next Sony/MS consoles perform well and make the Wii U the Wii of the gen, then Nintendo would most likely jump early again. This gen could have lasted another couple of years, but the Wii was a sink for Nintendo unless they decided to rush out yearly Mario and Zelda games to offset the crap that was developed on the Wii.
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you still feel this is a console that will last until the next gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived