Blue Flash of Death.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Blue Flash of Death.

User Info: CyberSturm

CyberSturm
4 years ago#1
Well, just picked up my Wii U Deluxe Edition and tried setting it up. It wouldn't start up on my SDTV or HDTV. Instead I got this blue flashing light on the console (just like how red would mean its off). So we called Nintendo. BLUE FLASH OF DEATH. Yup, Nintendo said its broken.

So, I'm sending it to them to fix it. They gave me a year warranty for the Wii U and next day shipping when its fixed or something like that.

This sucks. Can't play the Wii U until later this week. I tried to see if they'd send me another Controller but no dice :P. Because the controller that obviously came with it is just fine.

So, if your Wii U flashes Blue, its broken.
You can find me here most of the time - http://rsnkoutcasts.proboards.com/index.cgi

User Info: Ma-Ma

Ma-Ma
4 years ago#2
I'm gonna be honest-- I've sent a system for repairs to Nintendo before, and it took about two weeks. Given the number of similar complaints regarding the WiiU, and the holiday mail traffic, I highly doubt you'll be playing it by the end of this week.

Sorry, but good luck anyway. ><
"I'm not crazy-- I just don't give a darn!"

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#3
BFD
big ****ing ****

best fatal error abbr ever

User Info: stop3

stop3
4 years ago#4
I have to send mine in to get fixed too, but I had a totally different issue. After the system update it just can't sync to a gamepad anymore.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 years ago#5

okay, now it's getting to the point where it's not funny any more and now it's just plain sad that Nintendo has been reduced to this

not even Wii had these kinds of problems for the world to see on launch day
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Mattatron42

Mattatron42
4 years ago#6
same here, sending it in tomorrow and waiting impatiently. Unfortunately I think it will be at least 10 because of the holiday, even though they said expedited shipping in 5-6 days.
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
TvC: 2752-4488-8486

User Info: Portalofpikmin5

Portalofpikmin5
4 years ago#7
I knew it would have this kind of problem...
Ignore my post because it's probably a joke.

User Info: CyberSturm

CyberSturm
4 years ago#8
Mattatron42 posted...
same here, sending it in tomorrow and waiting impatiently. Unfortunately I think it will be at least 10 because of the holiday, even though they said expedited shipping in 5-6 days.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath. Besides, I got other games I've still yet to beat. So, the wait doesn't bother me.
You can find me here most of the time - http://rsnkoutcasts.proboards.com/index.cgi

User Info: Mattatron42

Mattatron42
4 years ago#9
yeah i have some 3ds and wii stuff to play and my brother will be buying his wii u tomorrow so i will still be able to play it a little.
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
TvC: 2752-4488-8486

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
4 years ago#10
emagdnE posted...

okay, now it's getting to the point where it's not funny any more and now it's just plain sad that Nintendo has been reduced to this

not even Wii had these kinds of problems for the world to see on launch day

Because there is no way any of these problems (not all) could have been caused by the user. Nope, not a one.
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Blue Flash of Death.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived