So, the Nintendo eShop downloads are still tied to the system....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So, the Nintendo eShop downloads are still tied to the system....

User Info: linknparkfan

linknparkfan
4 years ago#1
...and not necessarily an online account in which you can go and re download the titles at another time?? I was hoping it would be a traditional account system like the other consoles, and Steam, but I heard it's similar to the DSiware and original Wii? :( I know not everyone is into DD anyways, but I rather am fond of it. I'll still download the indie titles and whatnot, since the price is good, but the retail games I'll avoid for now if so ><

User Info: senelcoolidge_

senelcoolidge_
4 years ago#2
You can re-download eshop games again for whatever reason. I just don't think you can if you delete your Nintendo ID?

User Info: linknparkfan

linknparkfan
4 years ago#3
senelcoolidge_ posted...
You can re-download eshop games again for whatever reason. I just don't think you can if you delete your Nintendo ID?

You can??? So if I get a new Wii U if I lost/got stolen/broke the Wii U, I could re download the titles?

User Info: noutBr

noutBr
4 years ago#4
linknparkfan posted...
senelcoolidge_ posted...

You can??? So if I get a new Wii U if I lost/got stolen/broke the Wii U, I could re download the titles?

It will be a bit more complicated than with a 360 or PS3 but yeah with Wii U the games are finally tied to an account so by making a call to Nintendo you can probably change the console that account is registered to.
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So, the Nintendo eShop downloads are still tied to the system....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived