Is a "Nintendo Network ID" different info than a "Club Nintendo" account?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is a "Nintendo Network ID" different info than a "Club Nintendo" account?

User Info: BachChava

BachChava
4 years ago#1
Greetings!

I have a "Club Nintendo" account registered online, but when trying to set up my Wii U, it asks if I have an existing "Nintendo Network ID". I tried entering in the Club Nintendo username/password/e-mail, and it gave me an error message about not matching.

Are these two things different? Should I create a new Nintendo Network ID, and then link it to my Club Nintendo account to register the Wii U?

Very confused, thanks for your help!

User Info: Xl_FullMetal_lX

Xl_FullMetal_lX
4 years ago#2
Yeah they are different. I was confused as well but you'll be given an option to link your Club Nintendo account after you sign up.
My Alice can't be this cute
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1900/09aff03b605799cab56560a.jpg

User Info: LUlGI

LUlGI
4 years ago#3
Nintendo Network ID is your Wii U account that lets you go online.

User Info: OMG_AIDS

OMG_AIDS
4 years ago#4
Yes it's different. Create your NNID then you can go to the Eshop and link your Club Nintendo account.
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
4 years ago#5
Yeah, they're different. I was wondering about this too. You'll be prompted with the option to link to your club nintendo account later (or maybe when you access the shop, I can't recall)

Choose whatever name you like.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.

User Info: ScarletArcana

ScarletArcana
4 years ago#6
The Network ID and Club Nintendo are two separate accounts. Create a Network ID, and then you can link it to your Club Nintendo account to receive coins for buying the system.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 years ago#7
Yeah, they're different. Linking to Club Nintendo will let you get the coins for registering a system. No need to check the Serial number this time. (Have to wait for the survey to appear in the To-Do List after linking.)
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: BachChava

BachChava
4 years ago#8
Thank you all very much!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is a "Nintendo Network ID" different info than a "Club Nintendo" account?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived