Error Code 105-4256

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Error Code 105-4256

User Info: Richard53184

Richard53184
4 years ago#1
I keep getting this error code trying to connect to Eshop, netflix, or anything else. I turned on my Wii u today for first time and downloaded the 1+ hour update and connection was fine. Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?
SSBB (Nickname- RICKY) FC 1676-3357-6384
Castlevania PoR FC 4295 8307 1020

User Info: dyer212

dyer212
4 years ago#2
I had that same problem. I don't know how to fix it. It stopped happening after awhile.
Two things video games have taught me: 1) Violence solves everything and 2) The princess is always in another castle.

User Info: kaliobe

kaliobe
4 years ago#3
The same thing just happened to me. Internet browser and Netflix work fine but trying to update Amazon Video and Youtube gives me that error code instantly. I was just able to get Hulu to update though. (Now Youtube and Amazon Video are updating, weird isolated incident I guess).

I am also having an issue with the Wii U locking up when an SD card is inserted. Leaning a menu to go back to the Wii U Menu and the system stalls. When I remove the card, the Wii finally goes back. I also have a hard drive attached as well, do you think it is causing a conflict?
Gamertag/PSN: kaliobe8311
Just Purchased Games: - Madden NFL 11 -

User Info: RE4_Fan

RE4_Fan
4 years ago#4
Have you tried this stuff?

Error Code: 105-4256
Situation:
The update stops during download and the error message "Unable to connect to server" is displayed.

What to do:
Manually enter network your IP address and DNS settings into your Wii U.
Entering your network information into the Wii U my improve your connection with your network and allow the update to complete.

Check for wireless interference.
Wireless interference between your Wii U and wireless router may be causing the download to time out.

Ensure no electronic devices are close to your Wii U or wireless router. If any are, move these devices away.

You may also increase your wireless router's signal strength by changing the channel to 1 or 11.

Still Not Resolved:

If the issue persists, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Error Code 105-4256

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived