System locks up EVERY time I try to shut it off

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. System locks up EVERY time I try to shut it off

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
4 years ago#1
I realize freezing problems appear to be widespread, but my Wii U locks up nearly every time I shut it off, regardless if I do it via the Gamepad or the power button on the console, forcing me to unplug it. I think it's powered off normally twice. Ironically, I haven't had it freeze while playing a game.

Just wondering if I should try and return it, or wait and see if this new update that will supposedly fix freezing issues fixes it.

User Info: _LordAndSavior

_LordAndSavior
4 years ago#2
I'd return it, simply because it's a different problem then the one others are experiencing.
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.

User Info: RE4_Fan

RE4_Fan
4 years ago#3
Unless you have downloaded any paid for applications (not sure if they're transferrable yet) I agree with the above poster, just take it back to the store.

If you have bought anything, contact Nintendo.

User Info: dbhomie

dbhomie
4 years ago#4
If you unluckerly downloaded the update to go online then your Wii U is bugged, best get a new one and refuse any update from nintendo and you wont have that problem again.
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
4 years ago#5
Nope it downloaded the update just fine, and I have yet to be able to register a Nintendo Network ID due to congestion, so I'm not concerned about anything E-shop related.

The Wal-Mart I purchased it from apparently still has deluxe Wii U's in stock according to their website, so I guess I'll try and return it in the morning.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. System locks up EVERY time I try to shut it off

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived