my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

User Info: Skatz95

Skatz95
5 years ago#81
seriously guys? just because a game is rated M doesn't mean a kid can't play it. I'm sure many of you had M-rated games for the N64 or PS that your family let you play.
MKWii fc: 4341-9153-2733

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 years ago#82
Skatz95 posted...
seriously guys? just because a game is rated M doesn't mean a kid can't play it. I'm sure many of you had M-rated games for the N64 or PS that your family let you play.

Can't play it? Yeah it doesn't mean a kid can't play it, understand and handle some of the things do is what the issue is, it's kinda like bringing a 6 year old to an R rated movie.
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
5 years ago#83
Bigdaddy422 posted...
My son is five, and he plays alot of M rated games like COD, BF3, TranZit, drives around in GTA 4 nd watches me play scary games. Just explain to him its a game, its not real, and its someones job to create videogames.
My son has grasped that concept and hes still an awesome sweet kid. No violent outbreaks or even a yelling fit. I use to play Doom, mortal Kombat for SNES when i was his age and im doing just fine lol.

I dont think he will be able to play Zombi u though. Anything scary my som will run away from after bravely asserting he can "handle" it.

Sorry but you are a terrible parent. :(
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: Killingjoke_666

Killingjoke_666
5 years ago#84
My parents rented me violent movies like Cobra, Robocop and Rambo when I was like 7 or 8 course that was back when times were different.
I think hes too young though, buy him Rayman or something
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!

User Info: Pictocheat

Pictocheat
5 years ago#85
To be honest, I don't understand the appeal behind M-rated games. I never cared that much about blood and gore; I'm 20 now and it's still usually a turn-off. The most "violent" game I played back when I was this kid's age was the censored SNES version of Mortal Kombat; even then, I mostly played platformers like Mario and Donkey Kong Country, and basic shooters like Star Fox 64.

I don't think the kid should be playing ZombiU yet; it's too graphical and probably too difficult for him. And yes, I'm American, so stereotype away.
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world

User Info: Pechabuster

Pechabuster
5 years ago#86
Skatz95 posted...

Not as a SIX year old. I didn't even start remembering my games until I was 9. When you're 6 your personality is still shaping. Putting violent games in the mix WILL do something in th future. 6 year olds AREN'T mature. 6 year olds have just started learning how to read (unless you were precocious and started at 4... like I did) They're more than 10X less mature than teenagers and we know how badly the internet thinks of them.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. my 6 year old keeps begging me to get zombiu for him, think its appropriate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived