What's so good about the Internet Browser?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What's so good about the Internet Browser?

User Info: HungoverHero777

HungoverHero777
4 years ago#1
Is it just fast?
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:9 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II

User Info: apocalyptic_4

apocalyptic_4
4 years ago#2
like browsing on a tablet.

also versatile and you can play youtube and other videos in the background and browse at the same time
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#3
apocalyptic_4 posted...

Yes, one of those $99 off-brand tablets that have some sort of hastily cobbled together Android-based OS.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: MotiJr

MotiJr
4 years ago#4
apocalyptic_4 posted...

Yes, one of those $99 off-brand tablets that have some sort of hastily cobbled together Android-based OS.

I guess you don't own a Wii U. In fact, I can guarantee it.
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#5
MotiJr posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...

And me not owning a Wii U somehow changes the fact that the Wii U's browser is slower and has worse performance than actual tablets and smart phones?
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: Milox3

Milox3
4 years ago#6
The thing is, say you are playing New Super Mario Bros U, and want a quick tip on something. Press Home and then Internet Browser, you get the option to simply click a bubble at the bottom that will instantly look for stuff on the game you are playing.

It's not a revolutionary feature, nor is the browser a MUST have feature. But it's neat.
3DS: 3265 5151 2528
W2: 2151 6007 1173 RE.net: HuskyTheMilo

User Info: apocalyptic_4

apocalyptic_4
4 years ago#7
Buretsu posted...
MotiJr posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...

And me not owning a Wii U somehow changes the fact that the Wii U's browser is slower and has worse performance than actual tablets and smart phones?

LOL no.
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
4 years ago#8
apocalyptic_4 posted...
Buretsu posted...
MotiJr posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...

LOL no.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6465/nintendo-wii-u-teardown

Anandtech's tests show it to be slower than any high-end tablet/smartphone from the last year or so.

LOL yes.

User Info: STN79

STN79
4 years ago#9
My Wii U browser is a hell of alot faster than the one on PS3.
That's gotta count for something.

User Info: DJNfinity

DJNfinity
4 years ago#10
I own the Galaxy Note 10.1 (Best tablet available for engineering students, btw) and the Wii U browser meets or bests the browser I use on the Tablet (Dolphin HD) in terms of speed and functionality. My exectations were blown out of the water.

Still, Wii U's browser looses due to lack of Multi-touch. ;)
Nostalgia-~-[+..oo]
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What's so good about the Internet Browser?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived