Turn On/Shut Down Question..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Turn On/Shut Down Question..

User Info: riou_teh_leet

riou_teh_leet
4 years ago#1
I never got the original Wii console and the only game I'm anticipating thus far for the Wii U is Pikmin 3 which isn't out yet. I've purchased some of the Wii games that have interested me, along with the required hardware to play them (Wii w/motion plus & nunchuck) and I've really been limited to using the original controller.

I can easily activate the console with the original Wii remote, though it always powers up the tablet controller too even though I don't even end up using it. Well, I don't care much, since it automatically shuts down after not being used. Well, when I go to turn off the Wii U console with the original Wii controller (having not touched the tablet controller the entire session) the console powers down.. but the tablet powers back up. I then have to manually shut down the tablet controller.

My question is, is there a way to shut down/power the Wii console without turning on the tablet controller? If so, how do I do it?

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 years ago#2
I dont think theres a way to not use the system without powering on the Upad. Its vital to the system menu functionality.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188

User Info: riou_teh_leet

riou_teh_leet
4 years ago#3
When you use the Wii controller you can select (on the bottom right hand of the corner) to switch and bring up the same menu that the tablet would use. I boot the Wii software using just the standard Wii controller w/nunchuck every time without touching the tablet controller.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 years ago#4
hm, i gotta try this out for myself.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Turn On/Shut Down Question..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived