Sync between Gamepad and TV audio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sync between Gamepad and TV audio?

User Info: tizzywilkillyou

tizzywilkillyou
5 years ago#11
aaronkelley posted...

Waiting for component cables to arrive (Wednesday). If I get decent 1080p over component, I'll just run the audio outputs directly into a set of speakers and alleviate this problem.

Well, won't that introduce a new problem: The TV's audio and video being out of sync?

My TV lags the game pad as well. I haven't "measured" it but I'd say it's by around 100ms, maybe slightly more.
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050

User Info: troll235

troll235
5 years ago#12
Setting the pad to stereo, rather than surround might help.

I have my Wii U hooked up to my receiver, which allows me to adjust the audio sync.
"He who Koops and runs away, lives to Koop another day."

User Info: huyi

huyi
5 years ago#13
i just tried nintendoland with the new game mode and the audio sync is a bit more better, it still lags behind a bit but it's not as noticeable as before, when i am on the plaza the audio sync is good there though.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: 61degrees

61degrees
5 years ago#14
You need to disable any processing your TV does, visual and audio.

User Info: tizzywilkillyou

tizzywilkillyou
5 years ago#15
61degrees posted...
You need to disable any processing your TV does, visual and audio.

My garbage HDTV from 2007 unfortunately doesn't have that option. :(
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050

User Info: hrodwulf

hrodwulf
5 years ago#16
As has been said, it's the TV that's introducing the delay. I tried my Wii U on a friend's TV using HDMI and the audio (Monita's voice in Nintendo Land) was out of sync producing the same echo-y effect and was kind of worried. Then I tried the Wii U with component cables at my house and running the audio through a sound system and the audio was perfectly in sync (no surround audio though... the Wii U only outputs surround sound through HDMI)!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sync between Gamepad and TV audio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived