Is there any reason for a 3DS owner to buy a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there any reason for a 3DS owner to buy a Wii U?

User Info: SubZeroChief23

SubZeroChief23
4 years ago#1
3DS has every kind of Mario game a person could want. Smash Bros is gonna come out on 3DS. There's also Kid Icarus, RE Revelations, Ocarina of Time and a lot of other games already out.

So what reason is there to own a Wii U that 3DS doesn't already offer?

User Info: lgi

lgi
4 years ago#2
Do you have any other consoles? If so, no. Not at the moment.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#3
SubZeroChief23 posted...
3DS has every kind of Mario game a person could want. Smash Bros is gonna come out on 3DS. There's also Kid Icarus, RE Revelations, Ocarina of Time and a lot of other games already out.

Yeah, games that the 3DS doesn't have.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 years ago#4
DiscostewSM posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

Yeah, games that the 3DS doesn't have.

This.
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
4 years ago#5
It's not a Vita the 3ds and the Wii U are independent system aside from what they said about the new smash the 3ds won't be getting watered down Wii u ports. So no reason not to have both.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 years ago#6
It might not be important to you, but this console has great local multiplayer capabilities. If I only had one console... no, it wouldn't be my first pick, but since it sounds like you play local solo quite a bit, to you it could be a) a different experience from staring __ inches in front of your face, and b) a fantastic way to entertain company. (Provided you sink the cash into the controllers)
"Kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/9/12
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.

User Info: CptnStarFox

CptnStarFox
4 years ago#7
3DS is handheld system while Wii U is a console. I honestly don't see how you are even comparing them. Of course you should buy a Wii U if you enjoy Nintendo games. It's a great system and although no amazing games are out yet, they will come with time. Also, Nintendo Land has provided me joy for weeks and more. Multi-player is unbelievable and getting competitive high scores is really fun.
(Friend Code: 1247-2209-7226)(Foxx in Corneria)

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
4 years ago#8
CptnStarFox posted...
3DS is handheld system while Wii U is a console. I honestly don't see how you are even comparing them. Of course you should buy a Wii U if you enjoy Nintendo games. It's a great system and although no amazing games are out yet, they will come with time. Also, Nintendo Land has provided me joy for weeks and more. Multi-player is unbelievable and getting competitive high scores is really fun.

This. Also, you mentioned Smash...remember that it will be released on the U and the 3DS with connectivity between the two. That is reason enough.
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is there any reason for a 3DS owner to buy a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived