And they say the wiiu is weaker than the ps3/360

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. And they say the wiiu is weaker than the ps3/360

User Info: me1122

me1122
4 years ago#1
Monster hunter 3 ultimate for the wiiu will feature native 1080p graphics. Yep, I totally remember all those native 1080p ps3 and 360 games, oh wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBds6KHCvWc

User Info: Hitagi

Hitagi
4 years ago#2
Both PS3 and 360 could render it in 1080p as well. It is not a visually impressive game.

User Info: TalesRevenant

TalesRevenant
4 years ago#3
Hitagi posted...
Both PS3 and 360 could render it in 1080p as well. It is not a visually impressive game.

User Info: GeassMaster

GeassMaster
4 years ago#4
This just in the Wii U can up-port 3DS games at 1080p.

IT HAS TO BE NEXT GEN.
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.

User Info: saika_magoichi

saika_magoichi
4 years ago#5
...the game is mostly a Wii port, and despite the obvious visual upgrade, still looks sub-PS3/360. Running a bit smoother won't make enough of a difference for it to look impressive. Good thing graphics don't matter, right?
Up, over, and gone! PSN: Saika

User Info: kissdadookie

kissdadookie
4 years ago#6
me1122 posted...
Monster hunter 3 ultimate for the wiiu will feature native 1080p graphics. Yep, I totally remember all those native 1080p ps3 and 360 games, oh wait.

It's a port of a Wii game, the least they could do is to be able to run it at a native 1080P.

Do you see native 1080P for BO2? Nope. Assassin's Creed 3? Nope. Those two ports are also excellently handled as they are very competent ports.

If one needs a $500-$600 custom gaming PC to be able to run current games at 1080P natively, what the heck makes you think that the Wii U would end up giving you similar results? A $500-$600 custom built budget gaming PC that you and I can build with off the shelf retail parts is 4-6 times more powerful than current PS360 hardware, so according to your logic the Wii U is that powerful? Are you delusional?!?

User Info: LUlGI

LUlGI
4 years ago#7
...the game is mostly a Wii port, and despite the obvious visual upgrade, still looks sub-PS3/360. Running a bit smoother won't make enough of a difference for it to look impressive. Good thing graphics don't matter, right?

Actually it's a 3DS port! :D

Wait, that doesn't help the TC....darn!

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#8
me1122 posted...

You mean Rayman Origins 1080p@60fps or Ridge Racer?

Oh, did I spoil your lie?
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12

User Info: me1122

me1122
4 years ago#9
kissdadookie posted...
me1122 posted...

It's a port of a Wii game, the least they could do is to be able to run it at a native 1080P.

Do you see native 1080P for BO2? Nope. Assassin's Creed 3? Nope. Those two ports are also excellently handled as they are very competent ports.

If one needs a $500-$600 custom gaming PC to be able to run current games at 1080P natively, what the heck makes you think that the Wii U would end up giving you similar results? A $500-$600 custom built budget gaming PC that you and I can build with off the shelf retail parts is 4-6 times more powerful than current PS360 hardware, so according to your logic the Wii U is that powerful? Are you delusional?!?

Who ever said a wiiu was that powerful? Not I, I just said its not waker than the ps3/360, and implied it may be stronger. Granted if we keep getting lazy ports I doubt it will ever be shown how good it is.

User Info: TKUKG

TKUKG
4 years ago#10
It's all about 'dem grafix' to the kids. Forget gameplay or anything that really matters.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. And they say the wiiu is weaker than the ps3/360

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived