Super Smash Brothers Brawl controller problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl controller problems

User Info: DorotimusWitik

DorotimusWitik
4 years ago#1
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, but when I'm using Wii mode on the Wii U to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl, my wii remote (with classic controller, with nunchuku, and with nothing) is dropping command input for roughly one or two frames at a time constantly. Like on a once per second basis. It's really making the game impossible to play. I can't even charge up PK flash without it getting jacked up.

The weird part is that I can use other Wii applications and features without ever encountering any problems. Even my virtual console games work fine. It's really just SSBB that is acting up as far as I can tell.

DorotimusWitik
4 years ago#2
*bump*

If anyone could just test how Brawl works for them on their Wii U I'd really appreciate it.

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
4 years ago#3
I played it yesterday with a Classic Controller and it was perfect for me.
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
(message deleted)

DorotimusWitik
4 years ago#5
It's not that kind of problem. I was using a wii remote with motion plus and the controller would drop communication with the WiiU for some frames about once per second. To test I tried a couple things:

1 - hold jump - this would cause jumping to happen on its own shortly after landing and frequent double jumps without a second actual push of the jump. It made getting full height out of jumps nearly impossible.

2 - PK flash - getting PK flash to not detonate immediately was nearly impossible.

So again, it has nothing to do with the TV.

EDIT: I'm getting the same problem with another Wii remote, so it might be something to do with the Wii U itself. Either that or it's just in a position with a lot of interference. I'll try moving it during the weekend.

EDIT 2:

Ok, I figured it out. It turns out the router is interfering with the wifi signal of the controllers. Hopefully it'll start working if I just change which channel the wifi is running on.

Edit 3:

Damn. Changing the wifi channel to from 11 to 1 appears to have had minimal effect. It might be the proximity? My wii is roughly 2 feet away from my router at the moment.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl controller problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived