How many Wii and Wii U games can fit on the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How many Wii and Wii U games can fit on the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models?

User Info: Lucario_ftw

Lucario_ftw
4 years ago#1
I'm thinking about getting a Wii U in the future, but I'm waiting for more games to come out for it first. I also want to play some Wii games that I've missed out on. For those of you that own a Wii U, should I go ahead and get a 8GB or 32GB model?
PSN: Lucario_ftw

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#2
If you're planning on making a lot of digital purchases, black with the Digital Promotion.

Really, since you can use an external harddrive the space on the console itself shouldn't be a factor.

Also, it'll vary --- some games might take only 4, others might take up to 10.
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
4 years ago#3
You can't download Wii games onto the system. You have to own the disk.

The 8GB model will hold like 1 Wii U game, the 32 will hold like 3-6 depending on the games.

Either get a hard drive or buy the games in a store.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2

User Info: Lucario_ftw

Lucario_ftw
4 years ago#4
I forgot to mention that I'm going to be purchasing physical copies of games (unless they're download only), not downloading them on the store.
PSN: Lucario_ftw

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
4 years ago#5
Are you talking about save files?

Save files are incredibly small. Do not worry.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
4 years ago#6
Well, if you're going retail only, then basically either console choice is fine, the download-only titles aren't that big. Though 32GB is the best choice of all.

User Info: nilesthebrave

nilesthebrave
4 years ago#7
If you're not planning on downloading much, either will be fine. Wii had 512MB and I never filled it up and I had it since launch day. I didn't use virtual console at all though since I pretty much still have all the games I've ever owned from the '80s on.
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska

User Info: BanzaiHeil

BanzaiHeil
4 years ago#8
nilesthebrave posted...
If you're not planning on downloading much, either will be fine. Wii had 512MB and I never filled it up and I had it since launch day. I didn't use virtual console at all though since I pretty much still have all the games I've ever owned from the '80s on.

Conversely, I did buy a lot of VC titles because in the early gens I was a kid and didn't wise up to the idea of keeping things like that until the tail end of the N64/PS1 era. So the 512mb was a major pain for me.

Now I have a 32gb Wii U and all my VC titles transferred to the new account but guess what? The Wii U's "Wii Mode" still limits it to 512mb worth and the same limit on "channels." *facepalm*
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How many Wii and Wii U games can fit on the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived