WiiU is dead in UK

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. WiiU is dead in UK

User Info: Hustler Nine

Hustler Nine
4 years ago#1
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

No WiiU games in the Top 40. There are 3 Vita games in the chart.

Price drop is a must.
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#2
Or better advertising...
NNID - Wingo84

User Info: _LordAndSavior

_LordAndSavior
4 years ago#3
I thought there was a price drop in the UK?
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.

User Info: STE573

STE573
4 years ago#4
Definitely need better awareness, I know of no one who got one for xmas... However my mother, auntie and female cousin all got 3DS's... Is it the new Wii?
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
4 years ago#5
If they do another 3DS-like price drop, their reputation in the UK is going to be absolutely terrible. They might not have a choice though...
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
4 years ago#6
The advertising here was pitiful at best, also the stupid name didnt help as many people think the Wii U is some add on or new controller for the Wii.

A price drop is a no no, I blew 400 on my machine, have played about 4-6 hours on it in total, would be royally pissed if the price dropped so soon.
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#7
They need bigger TV advertisement... at the moment the adverts are rubbish and dont get anyone excited for anything

I could do a better job than what they have right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQvEwNgHrGs

That was not exactly an "ohhh myyy worrrddd thats amazing" advert

Sounds like its a new Lego toy... Get Samuel L Jackson to do the voiceover!
NNID - Wingo84

User Info: The_Shadow_Link

The_Shadow_Link
4 years ago#8
I saw like one Wii U advert in the UK. In comparison I see the Playstation Christmas advert a lot more often.

Needs games. Easily.
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
4 years ago#9
Everyone i know has one. And each person that plays ours heads out to buy one. So i think you are talking keek!
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: lividd3ad

lividd3ad
4 years ago#10
The_Shadow_Link posted...
I saw like one Wii U advert in the UK. In comparison I see the Playstation Christmas advert a lot more often.

Needs games. Easily.

This. I've grown sick of the Wonderbook advert by this point, as it's advertised all the time, from prime-time shows to reruns on digital channels. Wii U, on the other hand, I've only seen once.
Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/flyingmintbunny
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. WiiU is dead in UK

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived