When was the last time Nintendo had a good launch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When was the last time Nintendo had a good launch?

User Info: Rango

Rango
4 years ago#1
Remember when the GBA launched with Super Mario Advance, Advance Wars, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and kept strong momentum going with quality titles all through its first year? We haven't had that in a while because every launch since then has been a blatant disappointment, save for the GameCube which brought us Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The Wii launched with a GameCube title, an overhyped but letdown Wii exclusive, and several multiplatform titles.

The DS launched with an enhanced, yet inferior, port of a classic Mario titles and several other games that went straight under the rug.

The 3DS didn't even have a legitimate launch. Seriously, how the hell do you start a system without a first party Mario or Zelda? What an absolute disappointment, Nintendo.

The WiI U launches with a Mario title for the first time in 11 years, we have to wait for Rayman, and there's nothing else on the horizon.

Why do they keep doing this crap? I want a Nintendo launch to have a groundbreaking Mario release and several serious titles to keep us wanting more, right off the bat.
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
4 years ago#2
Wii U was a good launch /topic
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
4 years ago#3
Wii U is as good as it gets. Yeah there are ports but at least there are good games available.

3DS, DS were pathetic. SNES had 1 great game. 64 had 1 great game.
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.

User Info: DarthNAS4

DarthNAS4
4 years ago#4
Guess you dont remember the Nintendo 64 launch.

Albeit one of those 2 games was Mario 64. I remember quite a dearth of games for quite a while. Even when new titles came out I still remember feeling let down.
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
4 years ago#5
DarthNAS4 posted...

Albeit one of those 2 games was Mario 64. I remember quite a dearth of games for quite a while. Even when new titles came out I still remember feeling let down.

It was all the way till feb 97 we had to wait thats when MK64 came out. literally nothing from launch to then.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina

User Info: Rango

Rango
4 years ago#6
DarthNAS4 posted...

I'm talking about recent memory. I didn't get an N64 until Christmas 1998. All I remember was how badly I wanted to play Super Mario 64, a game that had something going for it; 3D graphics and gameplay.

NSMBU has what? A rehashed sequel of NSMBWii meant to appeal to Super Mario World fans. That's nice, but for a launch title, I don't think anything will ever compare to SM64.
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
4 years ago#7
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
DarthNAS4 posted...

NSMBU has what? A rehashed sequel of NSMBWii meant to appeal to Super Mario World fans. That's nice, but for a launch title, I don't think anything will ever compare to SM64.

have you played it? it does add some new challenges to it that really was a great addition

User Info: EasterEggHunter

EasterEggHunter
4 years ago#8
StickMen1090 posted...
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
DarthNAS4 posted...

have you played it? it does add some new challenges to it that really was a great addition

No cause everyone who has not played it assumes it was the rehash New Super Mario Bros 2 was.
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238 PM me.
Nintendo- What other gaming company has been around sincenthe 1800's?

User Info: Paladinrja

Paladinrja
4 years ago#9
November, the system is called the Wii U & is still one of the most talked about items on & off the net to this day. Well you can say that about any Nintendo system actually.

User Info: jwillenn

jwillenn
4 years ago#10
The following list represents the action my Wii U will have seen in under 5 months (Nov. 18th - March 31) of its release:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassins Creed III
Batman AC
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Darksiders II
Lego City U
Little Inferno
Mass Effect 3
Mighty Switch Force HD
Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate HD
Nano Assault Neo
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Ninja Gaiden III
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3 (possible release)
Rayman Legends
Runner 2 (Bit.Trip)
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Toki Tori 2
Trine 2
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Wonderful 101 (possible release)
ZombiU

And before anyone mentions ports as a mean s to demean the system's launch window library, try to understand that I had not or have not played them, therefore the point would be moot.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When was the last time Nintendo had a good launch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived