It's sad that Nintendo is no longer king of gaming. Apple is

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's sad that Nintendo is no longer king of gaming. Apple is

User Info: Obtik

Obtik
4 years ago#31
I don't understand why this troll gets fed...
XBL GT: l Mentu l

User Info: smash66

smash66
4 years ago#32
ADHDguitar posted...
If by "King of gaming," you mean, "one who does not make games, and who's platforms are home to 99% crappy casual games," then yes, Apple is the king of gaming.


Yay wii. Xp

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
4 years ago#33
smash66 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
If by "King of gaming," you mean, "one who does not make games, and who's platforms are home to 99% crappy casual games," then yes, Apple is the king of gaming.


Yay wii. Xp


Don't be silly, the Wii was home to 80% crappy casual games, but the remaining 20% were quality titles.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
4 years ago#34
NoJobBob posted...
It's the sad truth

Apple has completely taken over the market. Nintendo is now the little guy


you being up at 3 am making troll topics like this, now that is really sad.....

User Info: airfoemoe

airfoemoe
4 years ago#35
Change Apple with Google. If you own an Apple device, you give up all your rights to be a consumer and you're their mindless sheep.

But for the record, you can't get good quality $30-$60 games on a Android device (or disgustingly inferior iOS device) like you can on 3DS or any home console. If we were talking about Vita, you'd have a point though. That thing is just abysmal.
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)

User Info: Reznik00

Reznik00
4 years ago#36
....now on ignore list for such an asinine statement
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!

User Info: DW2189

DW2189
4 years ago#37
b1gt0ne posted...
NoJobBob posted...
It's the sad truth

Apple has completely taken over the market. Nintendo is now the little guy


you being up at 3 am making troll topics like this, now that is really sad.....


'Murica isn't the only country in the world, he could be from Europe, Asia, Australia, etc where is morning.
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587

User Info: The J0ker

The J0ker
4 years ago#38
The revenue - and by extension - profit numbers for the App Store is surprisingly small compared to the traditional video game market, actually.

Since the App Store launched in July 2008, Apple has paid a cumulative total of $6.5 billion to App Store developers. Apple's cut is 30% so they generated 6.5 / 0.7 *0.3 = ~$2.8 billion for themselves.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/25/apple-sets-all-time-record-for-quarterly-app-store-sales-700k-apps-275k-for-ipad-6-5b-paid-to-devs/

In the same period of time (FY2009 to date), Nintendo's total revenue was about 4.935 trillion, or about $56.5 billion.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_pl_e1209.pdf

And then we take into account that App Store revenue covers all apps, not just games.

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
4 years ago#39
Apple doesn't make games.

Also, two completely different markets.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

User Info: TeraPatrick2008

TeraPatrick2008
4 years ago#40
Apple, LOL.

Kids are so funny these days!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's sad that Nintendo is no longer king of gaming. Apple is

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived