Was the WiiU worth the purchase?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Was the WiiU worth the purchase?

User Info: SkynetAppleMac

SkynetAppleMac
4 years ago#1
Was it worth it? - Results (131 votes)
Yes
70.99% (93 votes)
No
19.85% (26 votes)
Not Sure
9.16% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I wanna know because i wanna purchase one, and if you voted yes, please recommend some games.
NINtENDO

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 years ago#2
NSMBU, Nintendoland, and ZombiU are a good variety of games.
Yoshi is my BFF

User Info: Rizaadon007

Rizaadon007
4 years ago#3
Add Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed to that list.
"Welcome to the Velvet Monorail! This place resides between Dream and Universal Studios!" -Cantido on how the Velvet Room changes from game to game.

User Info: SupaShig

SupaShig
4 years ago#4
nsmb u
nintendoland
blops 2
warriors orochi 3
is what i have already.
4-5 games I want by march, too.

yeah, i'm pretty impressed with the launch lineup so far and i love the off tv play on the controller. so useful with a wife and kid in the house. not to mention getting your own screen in 2 player local games. loving it so far.

User Info: DBPanterA

DBPanterA
4 years ago#5
SupaShig posted...
nsmb u
nintendoland
blops 2
warriors orochi 3
is what i have already.
4-5 games I want by march, too.

yeah, i'm pretty impressed with the launch lineup so far and i love the off tv play on the controller. so useful with a wife and kid in the house. not to mention getting your own screen in 2 player local games. loving it so far.

Off screen play during sporting events is AWESOME. I actually had a friend over and traded him my 2nd Wii U. I purchased it for a now ex-GF, and he agreed to take it in exchange for a suit (in his wedding this year and we are buying) along with some other items. It was a very far deal, and he can't stop playing it.

The thing most people forget is 2013 will not have many games being released, because game developers are creating for Wii U as well as next gen consoles. The Wii U will offer more opportunities for new games as well as new IPs. It is worth the purchase. Lastly, while it may seem like a lot of money, historically speaking the cost of the console and games are cheaper today than at any time (adjusting for inflation). I remember spending $50 on NES or $60 for a SNES game. Now they are $5 on the VC.
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036

User Info: Petey_Meanis

Petey_Meanis
4 years ago#6
yes
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif

User Info: Paladinrja

Paladinrja
4 years ago#7
I'm happy with what I got for my money now. Will the Wii U go strong for years? who knows, but kids enjoy the Wii tothis day. Thats a great outcome .

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
4 years ago#8
Right now I have to say no, it's not. But that's because I paid £400 for it and I barely use it 1 hour a day right now.

Hopefully in time it will come good.
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: diving_devil46

diving_devil46
4 years ago#9
I'm still in the "not sure" category...

If my funds were much better, I'd say yes for sure. There are plenty of games I want for the system and playing it, it's a lot of fun.

But, it also set me back a little (as with any entertainment product of this price-range). I mostly wanted it because I'm a tech-addict, I like messing around with new devices etc.

(FYI I'm 26 - so it's all my money that pays for it etc).

I probably should have waited, but I got the system when it was discounted by a fair amount already and I am having tonnes of fun with it.

Bottom line, if you can afford it, go for it.

User Info: TheStarCore

TheStarCore
4 years ago#10
stekim40 posted...
Right now I have to say no, it's not. But that's because I paid £400 for it and I barely use it 1 hour a day right now.

Hopefully in time it will come good.

Where on Earth did you buy from?

It's been very much worst the purchase for me, bought it Day 1 in the UK and I've got about 140 hours use of it according to the daily log doing various things. I have 6 disc games, 5 eShop games. Regret none of my choices so far. I play games more now thanks to the Gamepad and off-TV play.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Was the WiiU worth the purchase?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived