Do you consider stories in games to be important?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you consider stories in games to be important?

User Info: Kourama

Kourama
4 years ago#91
RampantBlatt posted...
Yes.

And people who use the absolutely douchey argument of "if I wanted a story, I'd read a book" are fools.

HOWEVER, not all genres need a good story. All genres should at least have SOMETHING, but only certain genres need an excellent story. Others just need one that gives you a reason to do what you are doing.

Good stories add to a game but books have way better stories than games. Anyone in denial about this doesn't really read.

You are right about the genre thing though.

Edit: I'd throw graphics in the same boat as story as well. Certain genres gain much more from graphics then others. RPG games don't need top notch graphics as much as a realistic racing game or an adventure game.

User Info: FabulousZero

FabulousZero
4 years ago#92
RampantBlatt posted...

And people who use the absolutely douchey argument of "if I wanted a story, I'd read a book" are fools.

Well, this is the wii2 board. These are the people who pay hundreds of dollars to play as an elf in a skirt and an italian plumber. Two characters who do nothing but grunt and squeal. Clearly, story isn't high on their lists.
It took me three playthroughs to realize Harbinger was a reaper
If you dislike FFXIII, you're an idiot.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you consider stories in games to be important?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived