Nintendo vs. Sony franchises by genre

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo vs. Sony franchises by genre

User Info: Magikoopa21

Magikoopa21
4 years ago#1
Pick the series you think is better.

Action/Adventure: Legend of Zelda or God of War?
3D Platformer: 3D Mario or Ratchet and Clank?
2D Platformer: 2D Mario or Littlebigplanet?
2D Platformer: Kirby or LocoRoco?
Fighting: Super Smash Bros or Playstation Allstars?
Racing: Mario Kart or Gran Turismo?
FPS: Metroid Prime or Killzone?
Rhythm: Rhythm Heaven or Patapon?

Bonus Round: Pokemon or Uncharted?
Bonus Round: Star Fox or inFamous?

User Info: Innerscope

Innerscope
4 years ago#2
what was the point of this topic?
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet

User Info: AngryBlueOrange

AngryBlueOrange
4 years ago#3
If this was a better worded or better tournyed topic then you would get more responses.

With that said, Nintendo wins all of them for me aside from the Bonus Rounds. I only liked Pokemon Red/Blue and Star Fox only had one good game.
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U

User Info: Zato Infinite

Zato Infinite
4 years ago#4
I think somebody made fun of the TC for having a Wii U at school today.

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
4 years ago#5
AaronPHughes posted...
If this was a better worded or better tournyed topic then you would get more responses.

User Info: Magikoopa21

Magikoopa21
4 years ago#6
Zato Infinite posted...

I don't even have a Wii U, I have a Wii and PS3. If you guys hate this topic so much then don't even respond.

User Info: Innerscope

Innerscope
4 years ago#7
Magikoopa21 posted...
Zato Infinite posted...

I don't even have a Wii U, I have a Wii and PS3. If you guys hate this topic so much then don't even respond.

no
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet

User Info: Not_King_Boo

Not_King_Boo
4 years ago#8
Not really a big God of War fan. Actually, God of War is fine, it's just Kratos I don't really like. Also, these series seem rather out-of-place in a comparison. Wouldn't Uncharted be a better comparison?

I'm also not a fan of the various weapon-based elements in R&C. 3D Mario games also seem to have more content in them, and can easily be ranked among the best games of their respective generations (well... all right, maybe not Sunshine...). R&C is good, but nowhere near Mario-level.

Of course, this really depends upon the game. SML vs. LBPV? LBPV would win. SMW vs. LBP? SMW wins. NSMBU vs. LBP2? NSMB2 holds a slight edge.

Had to look up that last one, actually. Didn't look like fun.

More characters, more stages, better mechanics, and a bigger competitive community all give SSB the edge.

Eh, it's not really fare to compare Mario Kart with Gran Turismo. I mean, if you were to compare it to LBPK (you know, an actual kart racer), then it easily wins, while if Gran Turismo were compared to a more realistic Nintendo racing game (did Nintendo ever make a realistic racing game), I'm sure Gran Turismo would probably win. So...yeah. Not voting.

Naturally, if you had said "Metroid: Other M", it would've been Killzone.

I don't play rhythm games. That said, I didn't like the 5 minutes of Rhythm Heaven I played, so Patapon it is.

You know, Uncharted probably would've been better compared to Zelda.

Never saw the appeal of Star Fox. You're shooting stuff...in space! Yay!

User Info: sejan12

sejan12
4 years ago#9
This is going to look fanboyish, but it really is my opinion.

Action/Adventure: Legend of Zelda
While the formula is getting a little stale, the Zelda games have always felt bigger to me than God of War. I simply have too much history with the greatest Zelda games to give this away to GoW. Not even mentioning that I've never cared for GoW

3D Platformer: 3D Mario
Ratchet and Clank has been inconsistent lately. My last adventure into the universe was with All 4 One and was a terrible disappointment. 3D Mario, on the other hand, has had some of the best games of all time as recent installments (Galaxy 1 and 2)

2D Platformer: 2D Mario
While the creativity ideas are cool, the physics behind Little big planet are too floaty and imprecise feeling for me. Also, the 2.5D perspective isn't accurate enough for a tight feeling 2D platformer. Mario has had some amazing 2D platforming adventures that are tough to top.

2D Platformer: Kirby
I've never played Loco Roco, but Kirby is the reason I game today. No contest in my book for that reason.

Fighting: Super Smash Bros
I absolutely hated the fighting system of All Stars when I played the demo. Making the attacks little more than a way to charge a meter made most of the fighting feel pointless as you charge to an overpowered power attack.

Racing: Mario Kart
These two are really different genres. Kart racing and racing sims are barely even comparable. With that said, Gran Turismo is a great game, but I simply prefer Kart racers. Mario Kart wins because I prefer one genre over another.

FPS: Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime is a great first person adventure game. I've never played Kill Zone.

Rhythm: Patapon
I've never played either of these games. Patapon looks cool, but I've never even seen Rhythm Heaven played at all. I give it to Patapon because my brother loves it.

Bonus Round: Pokemon and Uncharted
Both of these are great games, but neither of them are even comparable to each other. I vote both. I agree with the above poster that this would be better compared with Zelda. It would be closer to Metroid Prime than Pokemon.

Bonus Round: Star Fox and InFamous
Both again. Once again, not really comparable.

User Info: OdiousThirteen

OdiousThirteen
4 years ago#10
Magikoopa21 posted...
Pick the series you think is better.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo vs. Sony franchises by genre

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived