This console just seems rushed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This console just seems rushed

User Info: TheBonfini

TheBonfini
4 years ago#21
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
I agree that you can patch in problems and features. How does that dispute that the console feels rushed?

What features or fixes do you think Nintendo should have waited for before launching to reduce that feeling some customers have?

Well again it's just the fact that no matter what you'll end up with a day one patch or missing features.

OK yes they could fix a few of the issues before releasing and give most of the said features, but come time for release day you would still have a Day 1 patch, and say Nintendo did release it in oh idk March or April. It gives them enough time to think of new features that potentially won't be at launch.

I mean you'd think people would get used to some features missing and Day one patching for new devices like these. I mean hell new computers with old OSs still need to be updated out of the box.

I agree that you can patch in problems and features. How does that dispute that the console feels rushed?

What features or fixes do you think Nintendo should have waited for before launching to reduce that feeling some customers have?
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
4 years ago#22
mine's been a paper weight for a month
Now playing-Playstation all stars
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#23
TheBonfini posted...

Again Day 1 patches would still exist to add or fix some issues and any newly announced features before the systems release could possibly not get released with the system. So waiting or not you would still have to patch the system (Maybe not as big but it would still need a patch) and chances are whatever new feature Nintendo announced like oh Idk let's say they have it to where the 3DS/Wii/Wii U eShops were merged with your account, would not be on the system.

No matter what it's pretty much will always fee rushed for some people.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich

User Info: GLDanzego

GLDanzego
4 years ago#24
New consoles don't just appear out of thin air. They take time to be manufactured, software installed, tested, boxed up, take the slow boat over from China, get through the distribution system and hit store shelves. Waiting for one software update to be finished that can be simply patched in on day one could potentially delay the system for several months.

Now I don't know about anyone else here, but I personally would have rather bought the console back on November 18th and enjoyed it immensely since then (as I have) rather than waiting until February, March, Aprill or whenever just so I wouldn't have to do a simple software update out of the box. If you feel any different, then don't buy it UNTIL all that stuff is installed on boxed systems and there are more games on store shelves. Problem solved. Otherwise, welcome to launch systems.

Mind you, I'm not saying that the system has no room for improvement. However, the games run just fine for me once they're started. Sitting in the OS having to wait a few more seconds between selections than I eventually will when Nintendo addresses that isn't the end of the world.

User Info: TheBonfini

TheBonfini
4 years ago#25
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Again Day 1 patches would still exist to add or fix some issues and any newly announced features before the systems release could possibly not get released with the system. So waiting or not you would still have to patch the system (Maybe not as big but it would still need a patch) and chances are whatever new feature Nintendo announced like oh Idk let's say they have it to where the 3DS/Wii/Wii U eShops were merged with your account, would not be on the system.

No matter what it's pretty much will always fee rushed for some people.

All you keep saying is that because you have the technological ability to patch things that Nintendo is always going to have patches. I agree that you can implement things at a later date.

I am asking you about things that make people think the system was rushed. Anything at all?
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
4 years ago#26
It's quite obvious that Nintendo rushed this stinker out the door for a couple of reasons:

- Wii sales TANKED, and with it, Nintendo's stock price. In fact, Nintendo is only worth about 1/3 what it was the day before Wii U was announced.

- They wanted a head start against Sony/MS

Say what you will about patches. Sure, everything gets patches. But I've NEVER seen a day-1 multi-gigabyte 2 hour patch before. Talk about a huge buzzkill.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink

User Info: doraemonllh1989

doraemonllh1989
4 years ago#27
Wii Fail

nuff said
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#28
But Reggie said it was ready! =(
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak

User Info: jakestar0306

jakestar0306
4 years ago#29
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Cool Story, Bro
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#30
There is nothing Nintendo can do in this case as with the criteria if a rushed console will stick with it. The only thing they can do is stall the release but even then you will still have a day 1 patch and you will still have potential features not present
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. This console just seems rushed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived