Do I have to turn on the GamePAd if I want to play normal wii games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do I have to turn on the GamePAd if I want to play normal wii games?

User Info: Jimdb

Jimdb
4 years ago#1
YEah, topic.

The gamepad is a MUST right?

No way to jump straight up to the wii menu and not need the game pad? Having a wii mote around wouldn't help?
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: x2link777

x2link777
4 years ago#2
You can use a Wii remote to go to the Wii mode, without using the Gamepad. It will still turn on with the system though.
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!

Jimdb
4 years ago#3
But If I don't HAVE the gamepad around? meaning maybe I want to take the wii u to my parents house and not carry the gamepad around... could I still turn it on? Or would I get a message on screen saying "NO gamepad detected"?
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#4
here's an idea - test it. turn on the wii u with the gamepad at the other end of the house, then you'll know what happens.

Jimdb
4 years ago#5
DeathSoul2000 posted...
here's an idea - test it. turn on the wii u with the gamepad at the other end of the house, then you'll know what happens.

can't. At work, and my house is a loft, Anywhere I am is in the reach of the wii u
-Nick_GF

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
4 years ago#6
Remove the batteries from the Wii U pad then?
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: xerofyre0

xerofyre0
4 years ago#7
As long as your wiiu is set to auto log you in, you don't need gasmepad. Only way to input password is gamepad
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do I have to turn on the GamePAd if I want to play normal wii games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived