Unsure if I should send my console in for service...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Unsure if I should send my console in for service...

User Info: TakeshiSkunk

TakeshiSkunk
4 years ago#1
So, like many people, I had some issues with my Wii U freezing around launch. It was quite bad with Nintendoland until I turned off the foreign miiverse stuff, which seemed to help a lot of people. The console also froze a couple times loading Sonic Racing and NSMBU, and gave me a disc read error maybe once or twice.

I've been fairly paranoid about all that, but in the past month or two I don't seem to have noticed any problems...I had maybe one or two freezes after the system update and that was it. However, I haven't been putting quite as much time on the system as I was right at launch so I'm not really sure what to make of the situation.

Just wondering if I could get some input and opinions from others in similar situations, also people that did have their systems serviced...Do they still freeze up or fail to read a disc once in a blue moon? I probably *should* send it in just for peace of mind, but if there are still slight issues even after repair/replacement it might not actually be an issue.
-----
PUNK ISNT DEAD || XBL Gamertag: Deca Tarce || PSN: deca_tarce

User Info: APHughes

APHughes
4 years ago#2
Send it in now. No new games come out for a little while and you'll only be without your system for a week or 2. Better to get it out of the way now so when Pikmin 3 comes out you'll be ready to play.
http://www.section86.com/

TakeshiSkunk
4 years ago#3
Honestly that's a good point, definitely don't want to discover there's a real problem right after MH3U comes out!

Is it a pretty painless procedure? Like, do they cover shipping, send a box to use or anything like that? Also can I trust to get it back with all my data and everything intact? I'm not going to lose my saves or miiverse account or anything right?
-----

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#4
Seems like a waste if you haven't had issues lately. I had 5 freezes in a row one day and then nothing (except Sonic, while fun... that game is buggy as hell) since.

My freezes then, now that I think about it, may have been interference based since... I had my Wii on top of it (both horizontal) since I had done the transfer. I've moved my Wii since.
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

User Info: The_Boredoms

The_Boredoms
4 years ago#5
TakeshiSkunk posted...
Is it a pretty painless procedure? Like, do they cover shipping, send a box to use or anything like that? Also can I trust to get it back with all my data and everything intact? I'm not going to lose my saves or miiverse account or anything right?

When I had to send in my Wii I:

Received a printable shipping label from Nintendo.
Had to provide my own box.
Lost all of my internal data.

TakeshiSkunk
4 years ago#6
Ugh, really? :( Is there any way to back it up and restore it or anything?
-----

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#7
I'm pretty sure not getting your data back is not the common occurrence, otherwise there would be a LOT more complaints towards Nintendo's customer service. Pretty sure you would get everything back unless:
1) The internal storage is damaged
2) They find traces of hacks

Though, my info on that is just second hand --- and I still say sending it in for an issue that might not still happen is a waste. Give it a good run at least once before your warranty is up before trying to send it in.
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

User Info: Sagadego

Sagadego
4 years ago#8
TakeshiSkunk posted...
Ugh, really? :( Is there any way to back it up and restore it or anything?

i sent my dsi in for repair and all my files were still there when i got it back.
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666

TakeshiSkunk
4 years ago#9
Do you happen to know offhand how long I have to send it in before getting charged for it?
-----
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Unsure if I should send my console in for service...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived