I noticed a lot of people have a misconception about the $1.00/$1.50 VC charge.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I noticed a lot of people have a misconception about the $1.00/$1.50 VC charge.

User Info: mmarkster

mmarkster
4 years ago#1
To clarify:

1. This charge only applies to users who purchased the game on their Wii and transferred it to their Wii U. Otherwise, the game will be priced at $4.99 for NES games and $5.99 for NES games, with import games having a $1.00 surcharge.
2. It's an item on the eShop. There is no mandatory charge and download. In other words, it's optional. You don't have to buy it. You're not being forced to-- okay moving on.
3. You can play your existing Wii Virtual Console games in Wii Mode as you were already doing before the Wii U Virtual Console was announced.

For those who may not know, purchasing the Wii U version of Virtual Console games adds Miiverse, off-TV play, and Suspend/Restore points, as well as Wii U Pro Controller support. Wii U Virtual Console games are already compatible with the Wii Remote (Plus) and Classic Controller (Pro).
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster

User Info: Hungtotheover

Hungtotheover
4 years ago#2
U mad
I own you said the buyer.
There's no misconception about it. People know how it works and know that it's idiotic.
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.

mmarkster
4 years ago#4
I'm not mad. I'm just getting annoyed by the amount of incompetent people misunderstanding the facts.

User Info: Rainswept

Rainswept
4 years ago#5
Oh OK so basically they are just charging people for patches now.

Thanks for the clarification.

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
4 years ago#6
mmarkster posted...
To clarify:

1. This charge only applies to users who purchased the game on their Wii and transferred it to their Wii U. Otherwise, the game will be priced at $4.99 for NES games and $5.99 for NES games, with import games having a $1.00 surcharge.
2. It's an item on the eShop. There is no mandatory charge and download. In other words, it's optional. You don't have to buy it. You're not being forced to-- okay moving on.
3. You can play your existing Wii Virtual Console games in Wii Mode as you were already doing before the Wii U Virtual Console was announced.

For those who may not know, purchasing the Wii U version of Virtual Console games adds Miiverse, off-TV play, and Suspend/Restore points, as well as Wii U Pro Controller support. Wii U Virtual Console games are already compatible with the Wii Remote (Plus) and Classic Controller (Pro).

Anyone who's willing to pay $4.99 for a NES game or $5.99 for a SNES game has no right to complain about $1.00-$1.50 anyway, and this is coming from someone who actually grew up with Nintendo. That's an absurd asking price for games anywhere from roughly 12-26 years old.

But "Wii Mode" was the most idiotic idea ever.

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
4 years ago#7
DifferentialEquation posted...
There's no misconception about it. People know how it works and know that it's idiotic.

If I want to play it without paying, I can go to Wii mode. If I want to play the enhanced versions, I have to pay a dollar to a dollar fifty. No one thinks thats idiotic. Makes perfect sense.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: Hungtotheover

Hungtotheover
4 years ago#8
mmarkster posted...
I'm not mad. I'm just getting annoyed by the amount of incompetent people misunderstanding the facts.

Don't have much of a life outside of gamefaqs do you? If you did...I don't see how this could bother you.
I own you said the buyer.

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
4 years ago#9
I havent seen anyone misunderstanding it. I see people who understand it and still think its an idiotic move.
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh

mmarkster
4 years ago#10
Rainswept posted...
Oh OK so basically they are just charging people for patches now.

Thanks for the clarification.

It's technically not a patch, it's a different version of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I noticed a lot of people have a misconception about the $1.00/$1.50 VC charge.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived