Posting friend codes on Miiverse?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Posting friend codes on Miiverse?

User Info: Sakura_Railgun

Sakura_Railgun
4 years ago#1
Are you not allowed to post your 3DS friend code on the Miiverse? That seems a little ridiculous. Someone just wanted 3DS friends to play a game with and every body who posts their friend code gets their comment modded...

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
4 years ago#2
Save that for profiles and stuff.

User Info: Sakura_Railgun

Sakura_Railgun
4 years ago#3
Are you sure they wouldn't delete it from profiles as well? I'd hate to get banned.

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
4 years ago#4
Sakura_Railgun posted...
Are you sure they wouldn't delete it from profiles as well? I'd hate to get banned.

A site called animalcrossingcommunity.com does this thing. You can't post your friend codes (anything resembling a friend code is nipped) but putting it in your profile is OK.

User Info: Rainswept

Rainswept
4 years ago#5
Really?

lol

If Nintendo is that ashamed of Friend Codes maybe they should have gotten rid of them before the 3DS launched.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 years ago#6
Nintendo has never allowed friend codes to be posted in forums that they run. As far as I know, this has been the policy since day 1 of the WFC (I remember people complaining about posts with Mario Kart DS friend codes getting deleted on Nintendo forums back in those days).

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
4 years ago#7
Rainswept posted...
Really?

lol

If Nintendo is that ashamed of Friend Codes maybe they should have gotten rid of them before the 3DS launched.

I'm with ya. I don't blame them for being ashamed of them, though.
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Posting friend codes on Miiverse?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived