C/D Wii U needs to sell 15 million its 1st year to defeat the 4k twins

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D Wii U needs to sell 15 million its 1st year to defeat the 4k twins

User Info: blundermine

blundermine
4 years ago#21
The_Ollynator posted...
4K/UHD televisions cost roughly $25,000 at the moment (http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=20153&langId=200&catalogId=100803&identifier=S_TV_4K) . If we assume that they roughly halve in price by the end of each year...

2012: $25,000
2013: $15,000
2014: $7,000
2015: $4,000
etc.

So by 2015, this model predicts that they become competitively priced with current high end HD tv's, and slightly more expensive than HD televisions in ~2006 (iirc). That means that in the latter half of this gen, 4K COULD become accessible to the masses. Then again, consider the fact that 'most' gamers are ~15-30yo (kids/young adults), and buying a $4000 tv is not really viable. By this logic, 4K doesn't seem like a worthwhile target for hardware or software manufacturers this generation.

They're just starting to make 1080p games now even though they could've had them for 6 years. Developers are not going to move to 4k any time within the next generation.
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?

User Info: DarthFloaty

DarthFloaty
4 years ago#22
While I cannot recall where I read the source (although I imagine that a google search could reveal it), but I remember hearing that industry experts predict that 4K televisions will have a 0.8% adoption rate by 2017. Even if we multiply that rate by x10, to 8%(which is insane), it wouldn't be financially logical for companies to appeal to that group. Assuming that they even could.

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#23
since when did PS4 and 720 both say they using 4k TV technology?
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

User Info: ArturiaZwei

ArturiaZwei
4 years ago#24
Deny, Nintendo just needs to release a solid first party lineup and ride out Kinectimals 2.

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#25
strongo9 posted...
High end PCs can't even run games at 4K. Who are you trying to kid?
Old School Games FTW!

User Info: jmichaelbp

jmichaelbp
4 years ago#26
Garsp! Who r you supposed tu buh?
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D Wii U needs to sell 15 million its 1st year to defeat the 4k twins

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived