Rumour: Junction Point closing down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rumour: Junction Point closing down

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#1
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195055

Diddums :(
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#2
I have no idea who this is.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: xXSmash_BrosXx

xXSmash_BrosXx
4 years ago#3
AwayFromHere posted...

They made the Epic Mickey games.
NN ID: Zmazh9000

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#4
Owned by Disney. Made epic Mickey games... And I think that's it!
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival

User Info: SSJ2Vegeta2298

SSJ2Vegeta2298
4 years ago#5
After Epic Mickey 2, no wonder. Disney Interactive shut down pretty much all of their studios, including the one that made an actual good game (Black Rock Studio and Split/Second), but they left Junction Point intact... and that's what they delivered. For shame.
beLIEve
Nintendo Network ID: SSJ2Vegeta

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#6
Oh, no big loss then.

Sucks for the employees, but it's not like they made good games.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
4 years ago#7
I liked the first one, was looking forward to the second one if they fixed camera/control system and maybe make general gameplay a bit more interesting. Since it didn't happen, I settled on waiting for a price drop... Still sad to hear this.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
4 years ago#8
Good. Bad studios should be closed down. Epic Mickey sucked and Epic Mickey 2 sucked harder. So glad Epic Mickey 2 bombed like Epic Mickey 1 should have. Let the good studios survive while the bad ones go under.

Same thing with THQ. They were a terrible publisher, and their death is a good thing. It does suck for any innocent developer that loses their job as a result, but one less publisher pushing crap like online passes, on-disc DLC, overpriced costume DLC, cheat code DLC, and other garbage THQ did is a good thing. Here's hoping other publishers take note and start to shape up.
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey

User Info: Big_Isaac

Big_Isaac
4 years ago#9
xXSmash_BrosXx posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

They made the Epic Mickey games.

lol, and this is bad news because ...?
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
4 years ago#10
mjc0961 posted...
Same thing with Capcom. They were a terrible publisher, and their death is a good thing. It does suck for any innocent developer that loses their job as a result, but one less publisher pushing crap like online passes, on-disc DLC, overpriced costume DLC, cheat code DLC, and other garbage Capcom did is a good thing. Here's hoping other publishers take note and start to shape up.

I'm from the future and fixed.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rumour: Junction Point closing down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived