Finally playing Super Metroid

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Finally playing Super Metroid

User Info: -NotoriousLynx

-NotoriousLynx
4 years ago#1
Finally playing Super Metroid. Not that far, but I can already tell I'm going to have tons of fun with this. I just got missiles and I'm climbing back up all those platforms fighting alien chimps. All that time I put into Doodle Jump finally payed off.

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 years ago#2
I played it back in the day when I did the ol' Genesis / SNES swap with a school buddy, but that was it. Just DL'd it the other day, and looking forward to it very much.
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.

User Info: IkaOneeChan

IkaOneeChan
4 years ago#3
Super Metroid... is that a new Wii U game? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart yesterday when I went in to buy Mario Bros. U, must've missed it I guess. I'm not a fan of scarey stuff with aliens and monsters anyway though.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
4 years ago#4
It's one of the most Atmospheric and Best Action Adventure games of that time, and today. Have fun.
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6

-NotoriousLynx
4 years ago#5
IkaOneeChan posted...
Super Metroid... is that a new Wii U game? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart yesterday when I went in to buy Mario Bros. U, must've missed it I guess. I'm not a fan of scarey stuff with aliens and monsters anyway though.

This is pretty much the Nintendo-related board, plus Super Metroid is on the virtual console, which is on the Wii, which is on the Wii U.

Anyway, I was going perfect 99 energy when I suddenly entered a room full of flies that swarmed me and halved my health.

-NotoriousLynx
4 years ago#6
Wow, there was a boss after that room? Got a game over already and I'm only on the third post. lol

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 years ago#7
I played it for a little bit the day I DL'd it... got to an orange door and didn't know wtf to do.

I got that, Super Castlevania IV, Majora's Mask, Mega Man X, and Mappy. Can't wait to dig into the others too.
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.

-NotoriousLynx
4 years ago#8
Rasputin77 posted...
I played it for a little bit the day I DL'd it... got to an orange door and didn't know wtf to do.

I got that, Super Castlevania IV, Majora's Mask, Mega Man X, and Mappy. Can't wait to dig into the others too.

Castlevania 1 is awesome. I'd recommend playing that instead of the others. Surprised, never even heard of Mappy before.

User Info: Squirt_Shado

Squirt_Shado
4 years ago#9
Remember to shoot at walls randomly to reveal upgrades!

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#10
If memory serves me correctly, the orange doors require multiple missiles to open. Either that, or you just don't have the means to open them yet. I may be thinking of the red doors.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Finally playing Super Metroid

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived