Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

User Info: Umuru

Umuru
4 years ago#121
I don't main consoles. If there's a game I want to play, I might consider getting the console. The only reason I got a 360 was for Vesperia, and my PS3 has seen a fair bit more use as a dvd/blu-ray/media player than a game system. I've seen more use gaming wise with my handhelds...

User Info: wskingws

wskingws
4 years ago#122
Tsutarja495 posted...
I only buy the Nintendo systems, they have always been enough for me, so I always thought buying other consoles would be superfluous for my needs. Nintendo has 6 consoles and 5 handhelds, there are thousands upon thousands of games on Nintendo systems. I have yet to get everything I want on even one of their systems, I am always getting new things for each of them.

But aren't you interested in games like sky rim?
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN

User Info: HeaderHog

HeaderHog
4 years ago#123
I actually play my old consoles every so often, so I'm not too sure.
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.

User Info: CarbonizerMike

CarbonizerMike
4 years ago#124
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

Hi.
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)

User Info: RAPTall1

RAPTall1
4 years ago#125
My "main" console has always been Nintendo products. I picked up a PS2 and have gotten many games for it, and a 360 for a select few games, but that's it.
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315

User Info: BluntGrunt

BluntGrunt
4 years ago#126
I don't "main" anything.
For great justice!

User Info: Darkbeat44

Darkbeat44
4 years ago#127
i have all the consoles, but i have spent far and away the most time on Wii/WiiU if we talk home consoles.

overall for all my gaming needs it looks like this: 30% PC, 30% DS/3DS 30% Wii/Wii U and 10% X360 + PS3.

the Xbox 360 i mainly got for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, the PS3 has functioned mostly as a blu-ray player, while i have used the others mostly for gaming in different genres.
Pokemon White FC: 0690 4557 2124

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#128
Did anyone else here read the title says "maims" instead of "mains"? I did.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: SpecimenXsr388

SpecimenXsr388
4 years ago#129
I preferred Nintendo's consoles to anything else on the market for around 15 years. Last generation, I actually purchased my GameCube before my PS2 and don't regret it for a moment. Metroid Prime, LoZ: Windwaker, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, and (short lived) exclusive rights to Resident Evil were just a few of the reasons I went for it first, and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Then came the Wii. With it came a control gimmick that made me look back on the horribly-shaped demon claw that was the N64 control and I suddenly found it quaint. Then came the flood of shovelware and then came the Wii U and its virtually unnecessary tablet and I've since given up all hope they'd come around. I haven't purchased either console, nor do I plan to. The franchises I used to love have been run into the ground, so that's not even a draw anymore.

Call me when they stop with the gimmick controllers and get some franchises that aren't Mario, Zelda, or Smash Bros.
I'm the one who sucks.

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
4 years ago#130
I main them in the Console War doujin fighter.
<spoiler></spoiler>
<spoiler />
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived