Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

User Info: Calibuhrr

Calibuhrr
4 years ago#1
I've been buying a bunch of Gamecube classics over the years and I've been loving them. I'm sure I can get at least $350 for them, because I've seen multiple collections less valuable than mine get 450-500 on eBay. The problem is I'm not sure if I want to let go of some of these games. My best friend has a GC collection too, so I'll still be able to play Melee, Zelda games, Metroid Prime etc and I can borrow them from him anytime. I'm just proud of my collection, but I REALLY want a Wii U after all those announcements. I'll probably have enough to get a Wii U deluxe with NSMBWU.
I have:
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (somewhat rare and my favorite game of all time, really gonna hurt to let this one go)
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Paper Mario: TTYD
Odama(with mic)
Resident Evil (the remake)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault
Super Smash Bros Melee (rareish)
Tales of Symphonia (VERY RARE)
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (rareish)

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#2
IMO, no. I love my Wii U but I would never trade in that many good games for any console.

Also, I wouldn't consider Melee even rareish. Then again, I somehow have 3 copies...
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
4 years ago#3
Yes.

Move on! Wii U is the now, where you can amass a new collection of classics.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

Calibuhrr
4 years ago#4
picano posted...
IMO, no. I love my Wii U but I would never trade in that many good games for any console.

Also, I wouldn't consider Melee even rareish. Then again, I somehow have 3 copies...

What I meant by rareish was... expensive. Plenty of copies out there, just expensive to buy. My bad

Calibuhrr
4 years ago#5
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
4 years ago#6
Calibuhrr posted...
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D

I somehow missed that in your collection...

Just keep tales.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 years ago#7
With all those games (and a few of them being rare, like you said), I'm gonna say it's not worth it.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#8
some of these gamecube games have wii ports but still i wouldn't sell them, just save up, by the time you can afford one there should be a price drop and better games for much cheaper.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: zatOMG

zatOMG
4 years ago#9
No. Keep the GCN games, man!

User Info: AlexFili

AlexFili
4 years ago#10
My opinion was to always keep games, but realistically, think of those RPGs that you won't bother to pick up again. Better to give them to a more worthy cause and also free your room for other games
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived