Will you be disappointed if the art style for the new Zelda ends up being...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will you be disappointed if the art style for the new Zelda ends up being...

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
4 years ago#1
... stylized and colorful rather than the realistic version we saw in the tech demo. I feel like as much as I loved Wind Waker and Skyward Sword's style, I really want them to finally deliver us a realistic Zelda experience. And no... I don't consider Twilight Princess to be this.
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee

User Info: TheStarCore

TheStarCore
4 years ago#2
I wont be disappointed, I love the colourful art styles. But I do hope because Wind Waker will come out this year, it might mean the new Zelda uses a different graphical style.

User Info: evosthunder

evosthunder
4 years ago#3
Art style does not make a game for me.
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.

User Info: STE573

STE573
4 years ago#4
I would be, the art style of SS was one of the main reasons I preferred TP. I mean SS looks like a ps2 game at times.
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
4 years ago#5
Nope. I'd play Legend of Zelda: Stickman Scepter.

User Info: DojoOfDirt

DojoOfDirt
4 years ago#6
Nah. I'd actually like that more. I'm tired of realistic graphics in everything. Yeah, I know. there are games that don't have realistic graphics. I'm still tired of it, though.
I'm hungry.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
4 years ago#7
its not that i hate the cartoony style, its when they switch from one style (spaceworld 01) to something hugely different. it completely threw me off guard with wind waker and i wouldn't have bought it if wasn't for oot. granted i did eventually like it, but i HATE bait-and-switches like that.

User Info: justcause2w

justcause2w
4 years ago#8
STE573 posted...
I would be, the art style of SS was one of the main reasons I preferred TP. I mean SS looks like a ps2 game at times.

wow really.

User Info: Pendragoon

Pendragoon
4 years ago#9
I prefer stylized art styles over realistic ones. Ni No Kuni is simply beautiful and won't be dated 10 years from now. Uncharted 1 is already dated and was dated in 2009. Style trumps realism in games in the long term.
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
4 years ago#10
I think I'm a little on the fence here. Mostly because it's not something we've seen done in a Zelda game before. I'd personally love to see a whole game made on the engine from the tech demo.
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will you be disappointed if the art style for the new Zelda ends up being...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived