The video game industry just isn't the same if Nintendo isn't number one.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The video game industry just isn't the same if Nintendo isn't number one.

User Info: Latino_King

Latino_King
4 years ago#1
I honestly couldn't care less about Microsoft and Sony is simply a shell of its former self.

If their new systems end up being successful then good for them but in my eyes, Nintendo will always be number one.
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

Latino_King
4 years ago#2
Bump.
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

User Info: HoosierGuy88

HoosierGuy88
4 years ago#3
The last Nintendo system I really loved was the N64, I kinda lost interest after that. GameCube had some good games but I didn't like it as well as the competition. Then when the Wii came out I was disappointed that they decided to appeal to only casual gamers. Now we have the Wii U but the only thing it will have going for it are Nintendo exclusives. I think Nintendo's days may be numbered. Personally, I think they would have been better off developing a more powerful system and waiting to release around the same time as Sony and Microsoft. Instead they pulled a Dreamcast move and released ahead of everyone else with an underpowered machine. I suppose they thought everyone would buy their console instead of waiting but it doesn't seem to be happening.

User Info: IIICE_COLD

IIICE_COLD
4 years ago#4
HoosierGuy88 posted...
The last Nintendo system I really loved was the N64, I kinda lost interest after that. GameCube had some good games but I didn't like it as well as the competition. Then when the Wii came out I was disappointed that they decided to appeal to only casual gamers. Now we have the Wii U but the only thing it will have going for it are Nintendo exclusives. I think Nintendo's days may be numbered. Personally, I think they would have been better off developing a more powerful system and waiting to release around the same time as Sony and Microsoft. Instead they pulled a Dreamcast move and released ahead of everyone else with an underpowered machine. I suppose they thought everyone would buy their console instead of waiting but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I read an article a second ago that said they're already looking past this new system...
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#5
The whole" number one" mentality is the reason why some miss out on games. No one has to be number one to enjoy the games.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak

Latino_King
4 years ago#6
Perhaps, but being number one usually gives you a lot more support from everybody.
AKA 305_King

User Info: itsmeaustin

itsmeaustin
4 years ago#7
but nintendo was number 1 during the Wii/PS3/360 gen and that was probably the worst gen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

User Info: McmadnessV3

McmadnessV3
4 years ago#8
*shrugs* Gamecube is my favourite console.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The video game industry just isn't the same if Nintendo isn't number one.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived