Miyamoto admits it takes time to see the charm of the Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Miyamoto admits it takes time to see the charm of the Wii U

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
4 years ago#1
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/02/miyamoto-admits-it-takes-time-to-see-charm-of-wii-u/

“It takes time to understand the charm of Wii U. We are currently offering a few titles but we are aiming for games that sell steadily for the next 3 years not for games that stop selling after a few weeks. We have a lot of ideas for 2 screen play. We definitely need more employees internally and externally so we are strengthening our development teams.”

miyamoto is so cute
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: Kazoka223

Kazoka223
4 years ago#2
nice, they are going to get more people to make production even better ^-^b

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 years ago#3
Pretty much saying Nintendo is hiring people and not firing people like say... Sony.

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
4 years ago#4
Yeah Miyamoto is so cute
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#5
excitebike64 posted...
Pretty much saying Nintendo is hiring people and not firing people like say... Sony.

Sony's firing people, too? I knew they were selling their real estate, but I didn't know they were canning people.

I guess the only logical conclusion to Nintendo hiring people and buying more real estate for hardware R and D and software development, while Sony sells headquarters buildings and fires people, is that Nintendo's in trouble and Sony's doing okay. At least, that's what people on this board seem to think.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 years ago#6
Sony had some lay offs. Can't remember when, but Sony had to downsize the company... last year.

User Info: DrRM

DrRM
4 years ago#7
Sir. Miyamoto, take all the time you want because to this day I still play all your games from the first one to the ones that will come :3

Yes! even mole mania :3 I love that game :3
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#8
What's he's saying is not to expect a lot of games anytime soon but some games will get here eventually.

That and what Iwata said about cloud gaming makes me wonder what the questions were that they are answering. Could investors want Nintendo to drop hardware and just be a content provider? Why did Iwata just suddenly come out against full on Cloud based gaming out of the blue? There had to be a question that prompted his response. Shiggy's explanation could be a response about lack of software. Sound like it to me.

I wish we could find out what investors asked that them.
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
4 years ago#9
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Sony's firing people, too? I knew they were selling their real estate, but I didn't know they were canning people.

I guess the only logical conclusion to Nintendo hiring people and buying more real estate for hardware R and D and software development, while Sony sells headquarters buildings and fires people, is that Nintendo's in trouble and Sony's doing okay. At least, that's what people on this board seem to think.

It's funny how Nintendo fanboys think Sony only makes video game hardware and software like Nintendo does.
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile

User Info: syphoned_edge

syphoned_edge
4 years ago#10
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

It's funny how Nintendo fanboys think Sony only makes video game hardware and software like Nintendo does.

Last time I checked Samsung were dominating the LCD / HD TV market too.

Sony are out of touch - they are haemorrhaging money, they need to restructure.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Miyamoto admits it takes time to see the charm of the Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived