Please help me with my surround problem.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Please help me with my surround problem.

User Info: ZeReMe

ZeReMe
4 years ago#1
Hello, I'm experiencing a sound issue with my Wii U.

I have my Wii U hooked up to a home theatre blu-ray player (5.1) via the hdmi cable, and when I use the surround test in the Wii U's options, it only comes from the front speakers (left, center and right).

Let me explain a bit, when I start to play ZombieU, some sounds wont come off the speakers (voices mainly), to correct this, I unplug the hdmi cable, and plug it back on, then the sound plays just fine in 5.1 mode.

After playing a bit, I return to the Wii U´s home screen, and perform the sound test again, this time, it sound as it should, all the speakers emits a noise. At this point everything is fine, so, I turn off the console, and then back on, hoping that it stays ¨fixed¨, but i get the same issue.

I hope someone can help me, as this problem really bothers me. What do you guys think? is it a hardware issue? maybe the cable, I should say that my receiver plays flawlessly every other thing I try.

Thanks in advance for your help, and for reading.
- Melty Blood -
Brawl Fc: 0903-2393-2041 ~ TvsC Fc: 2751-3009-2583 ~ C.Judgment Fc: 2708-0578-4042

User Info: ZvolTx

ZvolTx
4 years ago#2
You know what a real problem is? When your A button falls off.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
4 years ago#3
The Wii U only support LPCM through HDMI port only. So check what format it supports.
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#4
ZeReMe posted...
I have my Wii U hooked up to a home theatre blu-ray player (5.1) via the hdmi cable...

That's your problem - you have a crap surround sound system.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

ZeReMe
4 years ago#5
This is my home theatre: http://www.lg.com/cl/home-theater/lg-HB965TXW-blu-ray-home-theater

It does support LPCM, and as I mentioned earlier, I can get it to work properly. Then again, maybe I have a defective player (I don´t think that its anything in the line of "crap").

On a side note, what would be considered a good receiver? maybe it´s time for an upgrade, please, leave your suggestions (but don´t forget to help me with my original issue).

Thanks in advance.
- Melty Blood -
Brawl Fc: 0903-2393-2041 ~ TvsC Fc: 2751-3009-2583 ~ C.Judgment Fc: 2708-0578-4042

darkjedilink
4 years ago#6
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-891-Channel-3D-Ready-Receiver/dp/B003H04QAA/ref=sr_1_2?s=tv&srs=2529260011&ie=UTF8&qid=1359989455&sr=1-2&keywords=denon

That is a good receiver. What you have is crap.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

ZeReMe
4 years ago#7
I think I'll start to do some research, Will definitely upgrade my sound setup, any advice on speakers?

I guess I'll just have to live with the issue (for now).
- Melty Blood -

darkjedilink
4 years ago#8
ZeReMe posted...
I think I'll start to do some research, Will definitely upgrade my sound setup, any advice on speakers?

I guess I'll just have to live with the issue (for now).

If your current speakers use regular speaker wire and not some proprietary plug, they're fine for now. Otherwise, I would suggest used Sansui's, Jensens, JBL's or Cerwin-Vegas, so long as they're in good shape.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Please help me with my surround problem.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived