So Disappointed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Disappointed

User Info: TheMassa187

TheMassa187
4 years ago#1
Ok so I preordered my Wii-u on the first day i was able to do so, then waited oh so patiently for release date. I even called a few times to make sure there wasn't any chance of not receiving on launch day. I also preordered 6 games to go along with my launch system. The day came, I picked it up, then proceeded to play the **** out of it for a solid week. Then.................nothing. Once the novelty wore off i was left with a netflix and hulu player. Which it has remained for the last 2 months. I really hope some quality games start coming out otherwise i invested $700 in a VOD player.

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
4 years ago#2
Negative opinions aren't really allowed here. Sorry.
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: Karsticles

Karsticles
4 years ago#3
You're an early adopter, and that comes with consequences.
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra

User Info: trenken

trenken
4 years ago#4
TheMassa187 posted...
Ok so I preordered my Wii-u on the first day i was able to do so, then waited oh so patiently for release date. I even called a few times to make sure there wasn't any chance of not receiving on launch day. I also preordered 6 games to go along with my launch system. The day came, I picked it up, then proceeded to play the **** out of it for a solid week. Then.................nothing. Once the novelty wore off i was left with a netflix and hulu player. Which it has remained for the last 2 months. I really hope some quality games start coming out otherwise i invested $700 in a VOD player.

Just wait for games. At least you have it ready for when some good games are out........ a year from now.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
4 years ago#5
Yes it's slow, but perhaps you expected too much. It was public information as to what games were coming out between launch and march.
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: TheMassa187

TheMassa187
4 years ago#6
Unlike most tho, im able to block out the trolls and fanboys alike and simply pay attention to posts that revolve around facts lol. I dont worship any 1 company, i just love good video games period.

User Info: trenken

trenken
4 years ago#7
TheMassa187 posted...
Unlike most tho, im able to block out the trolls and fanboys alike and simply pay attention to posts that revolve around facts lol. I dont worship any 1 company, i just love good video games period.

You have your head on too straight for this place. Im the same way as you. I buy ALL consoles just for access to more games. I bought the U, right now I couldnt care less about it. I dont like Pikmin or Monster Hunter so really this thing may not be worth anything to me until next fall, but Im fine with that. I dont miss the money I spent on it.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
4 years ago#8
trenken posted...
TheMassa187 posted...

You have your head on too straight for this place. Im the same way as you. I buy ALL consoles just for access to more games. I bought the U, right now I couldnt care less about it. I dont like Pikmin or Monster Hunter so really this thing may not be worth anything to me until next fall, but Im fine with that. I dont miss the money I spent on it.

You... own non-Nintendo consoles?

You'd better run. Now.

(Psst, so do I. Don't tell!)
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: The_Djoker

The_Djoker
4 years ago#9
Seriously? i'm more baffled as to why the hell you bought a console like this at Launch.
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png

User Info: Pigfarts

Pigfarts
4 years ago#10
TheMassa187 posted...

Well it depends what you like the next and only good upcoming game is monster hunter, I didn't check out the X game either but people say thats good too.

if you really like Mario games then there will be 10-20 more of them over the life of this system. make sure you like Nintendo 1st party games though b/c thats what you will mostly get.
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Disappointed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived