Favorite controller for a system ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Favorite controller for a system ?

User Info: windman8

windman8
4 years ago#1
There has been a lot of ways to play video games over the years so i was just wondering what controller you guys liked the best and why.

I have always been fond of the gamecube controller. Just fits perfect in you're hands = D
the first lesson in being a wanabe is to not be because if you are be then you can't be a wanabe

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
4 years ago#2
windman8 posted...
you're hands

ugh...

windman8
4 years ago#3
*Your* My bad =/ Any way topic still stands
the first lesson in being a wanabe is to not be because if you are be then you can't be a wanabe

User Info: zfstark

zfstark
4 years ago#4
That's tough. The only controller I can say was 'perfect' was the SNES. Other than that I can find a flaw with every other controller since. Its hardly fair, though, since most modern controllers are incredibly more complex than SNES which needed only a few inputs to worry about.
This doesn't look like an accident...

windman8
4 years ago#5
That's true. I guess it might also come down to what you are used to using. Every wii game i owned that had GC support i used that over the wii remote

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
4 years ago#6
The SNES, N64, and GC all had the best controller of their time. The DualShock3 isn't bad, but the R2/L2 "pedals" suck for anything other than racing games... I'm not exactly a fan of click-able joysticks either.

User Info: smashmastermii

smashmastermii
4 years ago#7
The gamecube definitely was my favorite controller, except it was missing another Z, but I guess having only one kinda made it unique in a way. I love the way the L and R buttons feel on it though, and i always liked how X,Y, and B were placed kinda around the A button, instead of being in a diamond pattern like most controllers now a days.
Before the wii came out i was actually expecting the controller to be like the GCN but wireless with another Z button and stick buttons, but i guess that never happened :P

User Info: midgar

midgar
4 years ago#8
The SNES, N64, and GC all had the best controller of their time. The DualShock3 isn't bad, but the R2/L2 "pedals" suck for anything other than racing games... I'm not exactly a fan of click-able joysticks either.

...You seriously would take the N64 mess over a Dual Shock controller? That thing was horrendous. GC/PS2 is a wash, IMO.

My vote is for the Xbox 360 controller. I use it on my PS3, 360, and PC. Fits like a glove, perfect triggers and stick placement. Heavy, durable...

It's perfect.

User Info: spikejeted

spikejeted
4 years ago#9
easily the Wii U's gamepad. This is by far my favorite controller ever. That is if you don't count portables as controller. Yeah, touchscreen hotkeys while I play a game. Effin sweet!!!
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126

User Info: zfstark

zfstark
4 years ago#10
midgar posted...

...You seriously would take the N64 mess over a Dual Shock controller? That thing was horrendous. GC/PS2 is a wash, IMO.

My vote is for the Xbox 360 controller. I use it on my PS3, 360, and PC. Fits like a glove, perfect triggers and stick placement. Heavy, durable...

It's perfect.

Well, the reality is that the N64 had a couple years with a standard analog stick ahead of Sony and their optional Dual Analog and Dual Shock that only started to enter the market after the N64's release. While the dual analog/shock are better (no argument) it wasn't what people were growing up with at the time. I played so much Goldeneye that even when Halo came out years later I still had to play left handed and inverted due to the N64.
This doesn't look like an accident...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Favorite controller for a system ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived