So Wii U will be the only system that allows used games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Wii U will be the only system that allows used games?

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
4 years ago#1
If this is seriously true there is only one system for next generation. Consumers will not put up with it. Its bad enough Nintendo have a head start but these anti used games tactics are pretty much sending PS4 and 720 to die.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
4 years ago#2
XD microsoft fail
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#3
But don't worry, it will have 8 cores!
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR
4 years ago#4
Gamestop becomes Nintenstop.
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!

User Info: Muryo

Muryo
4 years ago#5
Thr concept has been only patented, we'll have to wait till sony/microsft unveil their consoles and see the official specs in order to see if it becomes reality.

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
4 years ago#6
I hope thats not true. More than half of the games I buy are used.

and u know the PS4 won't be backwards compatible either.

I can't even find Wii U games used, locally.

I was hoping to buy some used Wii U games the other day.......the guy at Play N' Trade said they've only had 1 person trade in a Wii U game since launch. And it sold the same day :(
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
4 years ago#7
PS4 will allow used games too.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/risky-business-the-next-xbox-versus-playstation-4/

What’s trickier for Microsoft is in explaining its decision when faced with Sony’s plans for the PlayStation 4. Walk into a game retailer (should you be able to find one by the time these consoles arrive) and the choice could be simple: PlayStation 4 is more powerful, and plays second-hand games. One can imagine how fruitful a call between Kaz Hirai and Don Mattrick might have been had they both agreed to take the same measures against second-hand sales.
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#8
Buretsu posted...
But don't worry, it will have 8 cores!

And the awesome power of an HD6670 DDR3!
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR
4 years ago#9
Megagunstarman posted...

http://www.edge-online.com/features/risky-business-the-next-xbox-versus-playstation-4/

What’s trickier for Microsoft is in explaining its decision when faced with Sony’s plans for the PlayStation 4. Walk into a game retailer (should you be able to find one by the time these consoles arrive) and the choice could be simple: PlayStation 4 is more powerful, and plays second-hand games. One can imagine how fruitful a call between Kaz Hirai and Don Mattrick might have been had they both agreed to take the same measures against second-hand sales.

So the PS4 will play second- hand games but the next Xbox won't?

R.I.P Nextbox if true. If one company does it and not the other, the one that does do it will be sending a product that will be dead on arrival.
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!

User Info: HeaderHog

HeaderHog
4 years ago#10
Megagunstarman posted...

Either that or this was written by a Sony fan.
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Wii U will be the only system that allows used games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived