I understand porting it, but delaying it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I understand porting it, but delaying it?

User Info: 40Dribylf

40Dribylf
4 years ago#1
To the same month as GTA V?

Are you begging for this game to flop?

I'm sorry, but this is just so annoying, I'll stop making topics now.
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990

User Info: jmichaelbp

jmichaelbp
4 years ago#2
It'll flop like Alan Wake did back in 2010 when it went up against Red Dead Redemption.

Early 2012:
Red Dead Redemption (PS3 and 360) - 13 million units sold.
Alan Wake (360 and PC) - 2 million units sold.
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.

User Info: SL68

SL68
4 years ago#3
They delayed it so that the Wii U version will have no advantages over the superior versions that people will buy.

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#4
SL68 posted...
They delayed it so that the Wii U version will have no advantages over the superior versions that people will buy.

You're so ignorant it's physically painful. They themselves said that the Wii U version will still be superior.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: 40Dribylf

40Dribylf
4 years ago#5
There was absolutely no point.

I'll probably won't buy this game out of principle. Or wait until a Vita version is released.

Legends on Vita was my favorite version.
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990

User Info: EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR
4 years ago#6
Not to mention we'll be on the heels of the other next generation systems and Wii U will already have games coming by then so Legends loses some of that interest.

I understand the porting but the timing of it is horrible.
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!

User Info: lt519

lt519
4 years ago#7
It was delayed so they could combine their advertising campaigns and probably take additional time to tweak the Wii U version, but mostly advertising.

And to combat the "but they have 3 million Wii U owners starved for a game" there will be like 5-6 million Wii U owners starved in September. Win-win for Ubisoft besides pissing off a few diehards they already don't care about.

User Info: zalmute

zalmute
4 years ago#8
I am going to be vindictive. I hope it flops as much as SL's ****
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.

User Info: lp913

lp913
4 years ago#9
TOTAL disservice to Wii U owners, as by even then a Major Nintendo release will likely be out further overshadowing the Wii U version of Legends as well.
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]

User Info: phineasfool

phineasfool
4 years ago#10
lt519 posted...
It was delayed so they could combine their advertising campaigns and probably take additional time to tweak the Wii U version, but mostly advertising.

And to combat the "but they have 3 million Wii U owners starved for a game" there will be like 5-6 million Wii U owners starved in September. Win-win for Ubisoft besides pissing off a few diehards they already don't care about.

Not win-win for Ubisoft. It will now release during a time when much bigger games will overshadow it on all the systems. The better thing to do would have been to release the Wii U version as scheduled and then about a month or two later announce the 360 and PS3 ports after they have gotten most of the sales they would get from the Wii U.
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I understand porting it, but delaying it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived