It feels like Nintendo bet on the wrong technology this time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It feels like Nintendo bet on the wrong technology this time

User Info: Shovel_Break

Shovel_Break
4 years ago#1
Betting on motion controls low-end graphics made the Wii a success, betting on a screen in the middle of the controller with low-end graphics seems to be whats making the Wii U struggle.

I'd take a $400 console that chose not to have a screen on the controller and used the cost to pack in the best graphics at that price rather than the way the Wii U was designed.
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
4 years ago#2
Betting on motion controls low-end graphics made the Wii a success, betting on a screen in the middle of the controller with low-end graphics seems to be whats making the Wii U struggle.

I'd take a $400 console that chose not to have a screen on the controller and used the cost to pack in the best graphics at that price rather than the way the Wii U was designed.

$300/$350
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123

User Info: Z_Zaw

Z_Zaw
4 years ago#3
I dont think this topic is accurate, considering we have no idea what the Wii U is capable of yet. But I do agree on one thing, Nintendo has been making a lot of mistakes lately. If it wasnt for their solid history I would have been worried.
Prince Shondronai 4 years ago#4
Wii Sports was what propelled the Wii to super-popularity. Nintendo was hoping Nintendo Land would do the same for the Wii U, but it didn't.

That's not to say that a killer use of the gamepad couldn't come out later and blow everyone away, making the Wii U take off. More likely it'll just have slow and steady sales to be a moderate success once Nintendo's 1st-party stuff comes out, but you never know.
One of us. One of us. One of us.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It feels like Nintendo bet on the wrong technology this time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived