How likely do you think a Ni No Kuni port is?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How likely do you think a Ni No Kuni port is?

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#1
I'd say its fairly likely to happen next year, given Level-5's good relationship with Nintendo, and the game's whimsical art style that fits with what Nintendo is typically associated with.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: arkturus777

arkturus777
4 years ago#2
Money from copies sold - cost to port = profit/loss

considering the low install base and the poor sales of 3rd party software, there is not likely to be much profit if any, so I doubt it. But you never know.

The game isn't as good as everyone makes out to be anyway.

User Info: RetroFanGirl

RetroFanGirl
4 years ago#3
Doubt it, just wait til PS4 and get a cheap used PS3, it has several exclusives worth getting it for, some of which have zero chance of moving to another system.
Hi.

iKhanic
4 years ago#4
arkturus777 posted...

considering the low install base and the poor sales of 3rd party software, there is not likely to be much profit if any, so I doubt it. But you never know.

The Wii U will have a much stronger install base by the time fall rolls around. Right now its not to great because well... would you spend $350 for NSMBU, NintendoLand, and (if you like FPS's) ZombiU? Its features are really nice, and I will eventually buy one, but right now, the games available are not ones that I would preferably spend my time playing.

I'd much prefer playing the Operation Rainfall games and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

RetroFanGirl posted...
Doubt it, just wait til PS4 and get a cheap used PS3, it has several exclusives worth getting it for, some of which have zero chance of moving to another system.

Oh, I do plan on getting a PS3 for Ni No Kuni. I'm just wondering how likely a port is, because I like Nintendo and I want the best for them. Plus, if it is announced soon, I wouldn't have to buy a PS3.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#5
I hope so. Then I can get some Wii U Wizard editions too.
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
4 years ago#6
arkturus777 posted...

The first 2/3 of your post were spot on. The last 1/3 was way off. The game is excellent.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: Chocobo115

Chocobo115
4 years ago#7
Rather unlikely, Level 5 has a pretty good relation with Sony too you know.
I think it would have been announced by now for japan in that case.

User Info: jairusmonillas

jairusmonillas
4 years ago#8
Wii U owners only buy NIntendo 1st party games, I doubt any 3rd party would even bother porting their games to Wii U.

User Info: Pendragoon

Pendragoon
4 years ago#9
The game started off on the DS, Level 5 then made a PS3 version of the game that truly showed off the Ghibli art style. Given how long ago the game came out in Japan, don't expect a Wii U version at all.

The game is great though, easily worth the price of a PS3.
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709

iKhanic
4 years ago#10
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The game started off on the DS, Level 5 then made a PS3 version of the game that truly showed off the Ghibli art style. Given how long ago the game came out in Japan, don't expect a Wii U version at all.

The game is great though, easily worth the price of a PS3.

Its the fact that it originally came out for the DS that I think its possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How likely do you think a Ni No Kuni port is?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived