Anyone here old enough to remember the Nintendo game tip 900 hotline?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone here old enough to remember the Nintendo game tip 900 hotline?

User Info: TheSmartBlonde

TheSmartBlonde
4 years ago#1
Advertised in Nintendo Power magazine. "Please remember to ask permission from your parents before calling." Zelda: A Link to The Past is probably my most anticipated game of all time. I remember calling them up to ask when it was going to be released every 3 months or so.

Thing is I rarely asked permission from my parents to call them. I think once or twice they punished me.

*sigh* Life before many of us used the Internet and/or knew what is was back in 1992.

User Info: mmarkster

mmarkster
4 years ago#2
I remember the Power Line. 1-425-885-7529.
My parents got mad when they saw the $109.60 bill.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster

User Info: Socran

Socran
4 years ago#3
I don't actually remember that hotline despite being around when it existed, although I must have been aware of it since I remember its role in The Wizard. Maybe I just thought it was something that only existed in that movie, like the imaginary period of time when Super Mario Bros. 3 hadn't been released yet.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: realstar

realstar
4 years ago#4
I remember calling once when I was stuck on FinalFantasy Legend. The part where you have to search on a particular orb in an undersea cave. Was helpful in the day and Nintendo would give you tips even on other companies titles. (squaresoft)
Emerald Games: http://members.shaw.ca/realstar

User Info: game freakozoid

game freakozoid
4 years ago#5
I remember it but never used it. I personally don't remember much before my family got a computer and I was introduced to this 'new fangled' thing called the internet.

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
4 years ago#6
It wasn't 425, it was 206.
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim

User Info: STN79

STN79
4 years ago#7
I called it once for help on Link to the past. You know that part where you need the moon pearl to prevent turning into a bunny in the dark world? I couldn't figure out how to reach the top of death mountain and find the moon pearl. I felt pretty stupid when i found out what to do. I was like duh i could have figured that out. Hey i was only 12 cut me some friggin slack.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 years ago#8
425 and 206 are both near seattle which is NoA ish area, the number could have changed easily. Especially since I think 206 came around in 2001?
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
4 years ago#9
Nope, I would flip through gaming magazines for walkthroughs or strategy guides.

User Info: DarthNAS4

DarthNAS4
4 years ago#10
I got stuck on Shadowrun and had to call.
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone here old enough to remember the Nintendo game tip 900 hotline?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived