I need help with wii u gamepad repair

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I need help with wii u gamepad repair

User Info: sjc1279

sjc1279
4 years ago#1
I dropped my gamepad and half of the screen is cracked. Anyone know where I can contact to get it repaired?

User Info: PSOLavis

PSOLavis
4 years ago#2
1. Be more careful next time. 2. Call support and shell out $160.

sjc1279
4 years ago#3
PSOLavis posted...
1. Be more careful next time. 2. Call support and shell out $160.

$160 for replacement or repair?

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#4
Pretty sure it was closer to $85 for Gamepad repairs outside of warranty. $175 for console repairs. Chances are because it wasn't normal wear-n-tear or defective, you'll have to pay for it.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

sjc1279
4 years ago#5
DiscostewSM posted...
Pretty sure it was closer to $85 for Gamepad repairs outside of warranty. $175 for console repairs. Chances are because it wasn't normal wear-n-tear or defective, you'll have to pay for it.

$85 for screen repair? If I send it in for repair how long will it take to get it back?

User Info: PSOLavis

PSOLavis
4 years ago#6
My experiences with repairs of any electronics tend to be short term repairs. Maybe Nintendo is the exception, but shelling out $85 for something that may stop working 1 month later is not smart to me. Although I may have jsut had bad luck with repairs in general >_>

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#7
sjc1279 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

$85 for screen repair? If I send it in for repair how long will it take to get it back?

Would imagine up to 2 weeks, but depending on when it is sent in, it could be less. I sent in my 3DS a couple of times, and it was usually 1 to 1-1/2 weeks to get it back. Call up Nintendo and request a repair, telling them what's wrong. Obviously because it hasn't been a year since launch, you have it under warranty, but it's not guaranteed to be free with the type of damage placed on it.

sjc1279
4 years ago#8
DiscostewSM posted...
sjc1279 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Would imagine up to 2 weeks, but depending on when it is sent in, it could be less. I sent in my 3DS a couple of times, and it was usually 1 to 1-1/2 weeks to get it back. Call up Nintendo and request a repair, telling them what's wrong. Obviously because it hasn't been a year since launch, you have it under warranty, but it's not guaranteed to be free with the type of damage placed on it.

I can pay $85 if I have to. I just want it back before MH gets released.

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#9
PSOLavis posted...
My experiences with repairs of any electronics tend to be short term repairs. Maybe Nintendo is the exception, but shelling out $85 for something that may stop working 1 month later is not smart to me. Although I may have jsut had bad luck with repairs in general >_>

If it stops working a month after purchasing it at no fault of the user, Nintendo will repair it for free via 1 year warranty. The warranty also gets renewed to a full year after each repair.

sjc1279
4 years ago#10
DiscostewSM posted...
PSOLavis posted...

If it stops working a month after purchasing it at no fault of the user, Nintendo will repair it for free via 1 year warranty. The warranty also gets renewed to a full year after each repair.

I guess I better call support and find out my options tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I need help with wii u gamepad repair

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived